BPsite Forums
May 06, 2024, 01:09:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Painkiller  (Read 5379 times)
RipperRoo

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2004, 10:14:46 PM »

If you havent played the demo of this game, you are missing out on, what I think, is possibly the best game I have ever played, if not, its damn close.
The demo is rather bulky, at a nice 233meg, 56kers watch out....

Its an FPS, you against the undead, your normal dodgy story.

The first thing you notice thats different are the graphics.
They are beautiful. From the loading screen to the first time you enter a level, everything is beautifully done. Infact, if you manage to play 5 minutes into the first level without your mouth dropping in awe, you must have been gifted by god...
Even on the worst graphics possible, it still whoops the ass off most games out at the moment, but romp the graphics up to full, and your head will explode....

Next thing you notice, is the guns...
You start off with an odd looking gun, which either fires a small bolt out, using secondary fire, then a link forms between the gun and the bolt if you press it again, or, using primary fire, the gun extends blades which start spinning very quickly...
This will, litteraly, make mincemeat of anything that gets within a foot of you.

Take a few steps forwards and you are introduced to your second weapon, the stake gun. Fires nice big stakes out, more like fence posts actually, with secondary fire being a grenade launcher.

On the second level, we get introduced to an odd looking gun... primary fires, as far as I can tell, small stakes, very rapidly... Its basically your machine gun, with a nice twist.....
Press secondary fire, and watch in awe, as electricity shoots from the front of your gun, grilling anything that stands in your way.

The interraction in the game is phenominal, from being able to push the wagons around, to shooting boxes of fireworks, and watching as the pillars around you collapse in dust, there is next to nothing that you cant interact with. Other things, such as watching the smoke rise off the fried corpses and giggling incessantly as your stake pins someone to the wall through the face will also amaze you.

The enemies start off as your basic zombie, other than they throw limbs at you...
A bit later on you bump into witches atop flaming broomsticks and zombies that have had their legs and arms severed, which look harmless, untill they dive at you and bite, scaring seven shades of shit out of you.
Also we meet sorcerors, which revive their dead comrades, and push you backwards, knights, with rather large swords, knights with sheilds and crossbows, and men with axes for hands.

Then, after wading your way through 2 levels of pure bliss, you meet him.
You may be wondering who this "him" is.... but I wont spoil that for you, play the demo, and find out for yourself.

And this was all my first impression off the demo.....

Go get.... NOW!

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 10:19:47 PM »

ah yes, i think i still have the trailer for this on my computer.
*watches*
why the fuck didnt this come out sooner?
anyways, ill look into this, right after i get UT2K4

HaHa. This post cost SS .5 cents! So Sayeth the Evilknight.
Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2004, 10:24:39 PM »

didnt we have a topic for this? [ ah tis locked]

shame the demo isnt longer cus i completeed it in 1h 30 or somthing (mainly cus i got stuck at the end  :rolleyes: )

but jees, the graphics are pretty impressive (see pic complements of Dai)

agreed damn cool game

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 10:34:39 PM »

The idea of the game being to kill an enemy, then to pick up the green life force he leaves behind, this gives you back 1hp per life force.
Coins and armor can be collected, with around 3 secret areas per level, none of which I have seen yet.

There is one mission per level, the two ive seen have been just using a certain weapon during the level.
Also, there are Tarrot cards, which come in two flavours, black and gold, I havent experimented on how to get these, and what they do/how they work, but you gain some from simply completing the set mission.

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 10:47:16 PM »

*wags finger* how many time have you played this?

the things that appear are there souls once youve sluaghtered them they give you extra health and you have a soul counter (to what end im not sure may be added with your money)

black tarrot cards are produced by meeting certain requirements, on the demon its "stake gun only", "no armour", "defeat gaurdian in 1:10" respectively, you can use black tarrot cards when youve pillaged enough money from coffins and barrels during a level which add up at the end

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2004, 11:01:54 PM »

well, im downloading it right now. about 151 kb/s.
should be done in about another 15 minutes

Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2004, 11:10:10 PM »

You penis!!!
My dl speed never goes about 75 and its at a shite 45kb/s dl speed at the moment!!

evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2004, 11:11:24 PM »

hehe.
you must learn to ph34r roadrunner

evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2004, 11:31:53 PM »

*sob*
Nooooooo!
I don't have enough RAM to play it! I only have 256, it asks for three hundred something.
bleh.
/me goes off to make a topic on something

Daimao

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2004, 08:24:02 PM »

i dl it at 800kb LOL
and i already made a topic about it  Tongue

.:: Lemming Ball Z : DBZ style fighting game with lemmings ::.

.:: Daimao.be : Daimao's Personal Website ::.

.:: Daimao's Daily Comics : Various daily comics ::.

*There's no time to discriminate , Hate every mothafuc|{a that's in your way*

*Let's call it Surprise Sex , Rape is such a harsh word*

*Raised to be stupid - Taught to be nothing at all*

*I don't like the drugs - But the drugs like me*
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: