BPsite Forums
May 07, 2024, 09:57:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Attack on a Striker member today  (Read 10457 times)
Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2003, 10:37:18 PM »

He also exploits armoury bugs! Wheee!

Again, I implore TGA members not to waste yourselves in this cause. Its pointless.
I'm not wasting my resources and time on this.  Tongue  

- I'm scissors.  Nerf rock.  Paper's fine.

-It's not the mind control that kills people; it's the fall damage.

-Que sera, sera.
Thamior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2003, 10:46:06 PM »

Yeah this whole thing doesn't appeal to me in the least.

I'm gonna hang out with my wang out and rock out with my cock out!
kome

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2003, 12:07:04 AM »

what are the bugs?
The durability rounding bug, and its consequences.

When you purchase new items to add to an existing "stack" (e.g. you have 99 Dragons and purchase 1 more), the durability is averaged, and rounded up.

This is a conceptual bug which typically allows repair costs to be completely ignored. Let's get back to the example where you have 99 Dragons; say they are at 2558/2560 durability. You purchase one more Dragon. The durabilities are averaged:

(99 * 2558 + 1 * 2560) / (100 * 2560) = 2558.02 / 2560

and then the 2558.02 value is rounded up to 2559!

Effectively, you have received 0.98 points worth of "free" repair for every item in the stack. To exploit this to the hilt, you will want to always purchase items 1 at a time until your stack is at full durability.

With 170 million gold, LordStriker can repair 1000 points by just buying one item per time.  <_<  

Member of The Great Alliance since Feb. 6th, 2003
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2003, 12:10:31 AM »

Eviltracy...I explained this to you on GUA in detail...this effort will not work

for those of you who don't visit GUA...let me fill you in (its a bit of a long post)

I hate to say this...but these sorts of ventures are pretty much futile...

EvilTracy, there has been a mass co-ordinated attack on orc00 in the past...I'm guessing you're not fully aware of this incident so I'll fill in some of the blanks

The effort brought down his weapon strength by something like 80%-90% according to reports I've heard. The attacks occured at a time when he was away.

In these two days certain people were able to farm orc00 and make a lot of money doing it. However, when he returned to the game his weapons were repaired fully, and actually his defense grew much more powerful than it had been previously.

And heres why (posted and modified from "Lets find out if the big boys are invincible" thread):

If you use all Plate armours in your armoury...as I know some relentless people do...even if all your armoury is worn away by attacks and they are left with 0/160 strength armour

All it will take is to buy another 160 Plate armours individually...then you have a fully repaired set of armour...since every time you buy an item, the condition improves by 1 (due to a KOC rounding bug)

...instead of costing them "hundreds of millions" as had previously been suggested by some groups it'll cost them a happy 2,624,000 gold. Even I can cough up that much...

I'm not saying for sure that Lordstriker uses this technique...or that your cause is unjust in some way. However, he has been able to hold onto the #1 position for an insane amount of time. This would have crippled any normal player's defensive weapons due to the sheer volume of attacks from newbie players you recieve at the #1 spot, so it is most likely that he does use this...

With that in mind, the "damaging weapons" strategy will not work at all against either orc00 or Lordstriker, your efforts will be for the most part useless. But on the subject of engaging Lordstriker's alliance:

This is likely to be a much more fruitful idea, if only in that most of his alliance/officers don't have the advantage they need to be able to solely use Plate armours as defensive weapons. They are then more vunerable to such attacks, not that I feel these sorts of attacks ever produce the results anyway. I wouldn't worry too much about retaliations as long as this "alliance" is sab-proof, that is essential. As long as the people in your alliance is far smaller than they are (which I presume they will be since generally smaller guys are the only ones to use 5x1 attacks) then any retaliation attacks launched against you by Lordstriker's officers will cause them a LOT more damage than it causes you...this is especially true now that mercs are offline. Also because of this, if you have someone with a strong SA, you may be able to kill a good number of men.

Though personally I don't really condone these sorts of mass attacks nor do i feel that even if you take full advantage of the situation and everything goes smoothly, you will achieve very much...Good luck anyway.
diskreet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2003, 06:01:00 PM »

very helpful.  i'm a bit late, but if i were trying to take out lordstriker, i would target the reason for his growth... his officers.  this may not change the fact that lordstriker is #1, but maybe they will think twice about being his officer next age.  lordstriker once "retaliated" against me for farming his officers.  he lost something like 300 men.. while i lost 20 or so.  i wish he'd retaliate more often.

might upon might.
strength upon strength.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: