BPsite Forums
May 02, 2024, 12:15:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: If...?  (Read 65598 times)
opperdude

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2003, 07:03:56 PM »

i'd like to test it! Cheesy
well and mayb if the spies are so important u should  be able to choose if you want a spy to stay with the other army/warlord/whatever, so that you wouldn't have to send a spy every time you want information, but if you look at a profile of an army where you have a spy walking around, just 'ask the spy to report' or something, so you could see it right away (this spy should be able to be found by the other player at some time, but that might be complicated)...(or this isn't necessary)

'Joost, like juice but better' ~fire

happy now?
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2003, 07:06:44 PM »

You mean an Informant... that would be a good idea for a feature that got unlocked at a higher level, yes. :thumbs-up:
You could receive reports once per day which would have a % chance of being discovered, and if so fake reports could be sent, and you would have a % chance of detecting the fake reports, perhaps? Cheesy

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
opperdude

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2003, 07:10:11 PM »

that would be extremely cool, could become a very addicting game, the downfall of the western society perhaps   Shocked :blink: Shocked

'Joost, like juice but better' ~fire

happy now?
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2003, 07:34:12 PM »

SS - I have some working equations, which fit in to some stuff I've been working on all evening  :ph34r:

Please get on IRC... or I'll post my notes here... and you'll lose prospective players into a few pages of working and reworking before you can say ARGH!.

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2003, 08:24:41 PM »

Ok, going on IRC now.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Mecta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2003, 08:51:22 PM »

(postal money orders)

The best way to do such stuff would be to open up an account in the US so in other words forget the ideal it would seem to be to complex and far to much work for a game.  Thanks for at least looking into it thoe.

--Idoxash
« Last Edit: May 27, 2003, 08:52:11 PM by Mecta » Logged

"I'm The Taker of Dreams, The Healer of NiteMares ..." Soul Hacker aka Idoxash aka Mecta
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2003, 09:00:40 PM »

Siege Engines:

The following would require a Siege Engineers Workshop to construct:

Battering Ram: 15 Oak, 5 Iron (Or Steel) - Close ranged weapon for knocking in gates, powerful, but slow and very short ranged.
Balista: 20 Oak, 5 Iron, 10 Sinew(Or Steel) - Mid ranged weapon that resembles a crossbow, fires bolts the size of Spears.
Mangonel: 30 Oak, 3 Steel, 25 Sinew - Long ranged catapult for destroying walls.
Trebuchet: 100 Oak, 5 Steel, 50 Sinew - Extreme ranged catapult, very powerful.

Blackpowder (Research): Large amount of gold. - Allows construction of a Cannon Foundry.

The following would require a Cannon Foundry.

Demi-Culverin: 50 Steel, 10 Oak - Mid ranged cannon. Very powerful. Causes fear?
Culverin: 100 Steel, 20 Oak - Long ranged cannon, Extreme power. Causes fear.

Once more... all costs are Work-in-progress...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2003, 09:52:57 PM by Auron » Logged
Shylore

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2003, 04:41:22 PM »

After working an online game for years I know all to well how growth effects a game so would be very important to allow for expansion.  Are you in mind to building a MUD or a click based game?  The ideas are awesome but for a click based?  A one page game or multi page? Or worlds?
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2003, 05:52:07 PM »

Depends on your definition of MUD. It will have multiple users in the same domain, but will be turn based and controlled via a browser.
Expansion will be simple... infact if I write a equation to generate land, it would be even easier... depends how the maps work if that is possible, but eitherway the hardest expansion will just be adding an extra row to the database.
To keep things simple enough, yet have plenty of features, there will probably have to be multiple pages, but not more than a dozen or two.

Rug

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2003, 06:01:07 PM »

Oh, SS - need to talk to you about teh combat system.

Making it map based is an idea me and Ev have been bouncing off each other, but I need to get some bouncy-action with you Tongue
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2003, 08:51:12 PM »

Looks like the name is going to be Fate of Nations, unless anyone has any better ideas?

Shylore

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2003, 09:20:45 PM »

Sounds interesting Im intriqued..Can always use a new addiction. I hope not to much graphics though. Takes pages to long to load and if dont have a server to handle massive users it will surely bog allot and I personally hate that. I tend to turn off graphics. I gots a good imagination dont need em! Seen em once dont need to see again. My only knowledge is customer care area and only programming I know is that wee bit Im taught to maintain my areas.
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2003, 09:51:26 PM »

There will be few enough graphics that the site will run smoothly, but enough to give it atmosphere and make not have the user think they are using Lynx.

RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2003, 10:16:21 PM »

Do I get to be a Mod in it?
And it must have a short Chinese man sitting on the corner selling pancakes in it.

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2003, 11:37:13 PM »

No.

-

I'm doing a Races list... basically the different skills and weaknesses of the races.
So, no-one else do anything until I've posted what I've got on here. Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: