BPsite Forums
May 06, 2024, 02:46:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Guild Wars and Front Mission 4  (Read 9964 times)
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2004, 02:30:56 AM »

Yeah, just finished playing... was a bit annoying on the Arena when I died first almost every time, but once I switched to Ranger/Warrior (instead of Elementalist/Ranger) and got some decent team-mates, we actually won a few times.

My only real complaint is the quirky movement, and not being able to queue actions until your energy rises.
Oh, and the fact that turning the screen changes your movement direction. That's very annoying.

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2004, 06:30:02 AM »

left click for targeting/moving, right click for zooming/screen-change, and scroll button inbetween the two mouse buttons for zooming only.
at least that's how it worked with my mouse, and used it to the best with my Monk/Warrior's bow/healing-spells and Elementalist/Mesmerist's bow/attack-spells.

got used to how it works after a few hours of continuous play and started anticipating how it'll affect the screen Wink
queuing spells... hmm... true.  but then my elementalist's gale-firestorm-lightningorb combo (in that order) usually killed or severely maimed my targets most of the time...

(hahahaha I played Guild Wars for 30hrs or so out of the last 48hrs! very much a shame that i had a final exam on the first day of E3... otherwise... :devil: )

koc name:Maaya
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2004, 12:04:39 PM »

Bah, if you were moving with the WSAD keys then W doesn't mean forward, it means the direction the screen is facing, and if you use Z to look behind you, you suddenly start travelling the other way! :angry:

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2004, 09:41:24 PM »

personally, moving with the keyboard keys is more hassle than its worth: you can do other things while your character is running towards the far-away point you've clicked.

like pressing ctl to see if there's any monsters hidden behind trees and turns in the direction your screen is facing, using the right-button on the mouse to swerve your screen direction(while your character's running direction doesn't change) so you could do a full 360-degree scan, do tab to switch weapons, and shift to see where your allies are.  i think pressing E or R lets you change targets, too, but those i haven't used much... ctrl seemed an easier key to remember

after that, have your left hand securely planted on the 1-8 number keys for fast and easy access to your equipped skills.

not an easy feat to do with the WASD keys for movement...

did you ever do the 1st Co-Op mission? the last part of it was a long race against time where you run for about 2-3min non-stop to make it in time before a horde of monsters storm against a fort.
unless you get stopped by a pair of scorpions along the way, you can do it with 30-40sec free time...

(oh yeah, did i mention i completed all 5 of the co-op missions? they were amazing. great scenery, needed a lot of strategy/planning for many places, team play a must.  too bad there were only 5... and the last one didn't even have a story-line completed for E3)

i seriously want to be in the closed beta testing...

Yes, that's my elementalist there in the center of the screen, right of the two guys.  best to have zoom at its farthest setting almost all the time, so that you can see a pretty good distance in all directions from yourself.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2004, 09:44:43 PM by GandalfTheOld » Logged

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2004, 10:15:31 PM »

not an easy feat to do with the WASD keys for movement...
Pffft, it is if you know how to use a keyboard properly. Tongue

did you ever do the 1st Co-Op mission? the last part of it was a long race against time where you run for about 2-3min non-stop to make it in time before a horde of monsters storm against a fort.
unless you get stopped by a pair of scorpions along the way, you can do it with 30-40sec free time...
Yeah, got to a bit that kept bouncing us back though. Fortunately one of the other guys started running back before we started getting chased, so just as two of us were going to be mobbed by about fifty Charr, we completed it. Smiley

best to have zoom at its farthest setting almost all the time, so that you can see a pretty good distance in all directions from yourself.
Aye, had it almost constantly zoomed right out. Zooming in is only good for getting pretty screenshots. Tongue

GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2004, 07:49:50 PM »

With Guild Wars E3 alpha testing over(for now... closed beta and full version release is yet to come), only thing left in this thread is Front Mission 4...

Anybody else other than me registered for the CD?
Anyone get it yet?

I'm still waiting for mine... and if I can get it... :|

Rug

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2004, 07:55:59 PM »

I'll get FM4 as soon as it comes out.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: