BPsite Forums
April 29, 2024, 11:31:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: a question......  (Read 10022 times)
Lyban

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2003, 11:42:29 PM »

I wasn't a part of age 1, so I can't really comment about that but from what I've seen of this age it seems they have tried to get some semblance of balance.

If you didn't have to pay the seemingly large amounts of gold upgrade unit production, then everybody starting the game would have massive armies before they had the DA to protect their turn gold. While that could make things a bit more interesting for those on the prowl for gold, I think the way they've set it up forces people to think about different strategies and provides a number of options. That adds variability and brings a bit more depth to the game.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant" - Allied Pilots (WWII)

Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2003, 12:59:21 AM »

Hmph!  It prevents me from getting a lot of turn gold without working for it.  <_<  LOL  

- I'm scissors.  Nerf rock.  Paper's fine.

-It's not the mind control that kills people; it's the fall damage.

-Que sera, sera.
Lyban

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2003, 03:15:52 AM »

True, but if it were that easy, would you really get as much out of the game??  Smiley

Especially considering that everybody else would be in the same boat and you would have no real advantage...

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant" - Allied Pilots (WWII)

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: