BPsite Forums
April 29, 2024, 07:57:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: Neverwinter Nights  (Read 84377 times)
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2003, 08:04:12 PM »

Well they have schools in NWN.
 :paranoid:

Ok, il shut up.

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2003, 09:36:55 PM »

not a bad idea

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2003, 05:03:05 PM »

uh...i'm not a big D&D fan...before NWN i didn't even know what the hell it was...

after playing it for a while, i can say its a decent game...but nowhere near top of the market that it was hyped up to be...the graphics are below standard, combat system, while good is neither exciting nor innovative...maybe its my lack of roleplaying finesse but while others seem to see a halfelven bards surveying the battlements of war...all i see is a low poly model walking up and down low poly brown painted blocks...

the main selling point IMO would be the D&D connection...but since i'm not into D&D i can't say that did much for me...maybe its the road they were looking for but the ammount of gameplay and potential fun that was sacrificed to stick closely to the new ruleset was very disappointing to me...

don't let me get you down...the multiplayer is ingenious, nice modding community (if a little too transfixed on nude aribeths  :sheep: ) and if you're into D&D this is a must buy...but personally, i wish i'd spent my money on something a little less "loyal" and just a touch more fun...

thats about it...no doubt auron will have some choice four lettered words to say about this
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2003, 05:07:41 PM »

all i see is a low poly model walking up and down low poly brown painted blocks...
Get a new GPU and take the graphics settings off minimum. Tongue

Then go try Dungeon Siege... seems to be more the sort of game you might have been expecting Neverwinter Nights to be. (heh, it's usually the other way round LOL)

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2003, 05:10:16 PM »

i have everything set to high...maybe UT2k3 and Morrowind has graphically spoilt me...

i played dungeon siege...all hack 'n slash is just NOT fun, the combat in there too is far from innovative...i played it through once...it was alright, never touched it since...which also signals poor replay value...basicly everything that was wrong with the original diablo
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2003, 05:39:27 PM »

So you want something which can be played through many times, but which presents a different experience and doesn't have a clique-like community surrounding it, innovative combat, loose rules, and great graphics.

Guess you'll have to wait for Deus Ex 2 and Half-Life 2 then, and hope they live up to the hype.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2003, 05:47:20 PM »

UT2k3 was cool...Unreal 2 while it lasted (also has 0 replay value)...warcraft III, Morrowind is badass on any computer that can run it...Vice City...Mafia was one absolute classic, but its not all that widely know which is a shame...and on RTS some Medievil: Total war can't hurt

and yes...i've been waiting for Deus Ex 2 for a LONG time...
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2003, 06:13:51 PM »

And SS tells me off for going off topic!!

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2003, 06:20:56 PM »

he..seeing as i was answering to SS's reply...erm yeah...besides, this thread's pretty much answered...
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2003, 06:56:10 PM »

It's not really off-topic Ripper, more a mutated topic.
Off-topic would be me interrupting this thread to wish Everous a happy fifteenth birthday anniversary today. Cheesy

Rug

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2003, 06:58:44 PM »

Argh!

Hoppy Barfday Ev
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2003, 07:35:17 PM »

argh
/puts anti-barf bucket on head  Shocked  

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2003, 09:42:02 PM »

thankye thankye all... :hehe:  
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: May 22, 2003, 04:45:16 PM »

Now to swing the topic back onto the tracks again...

New super-fast Avlis servers are coming soon, woohoo! Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 22, 2003, 04:45:31 PM by SS » Logged

RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2003, 06:55:33 PM »

Mabye that will sort my lag problems out...

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: