BPsite Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:36:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Inventory management  (Read 5942 times)
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: June 14, 2003, 12:00:05 AM »

Note: This post is about NWN, but feel free to use the thread to discuss inventory issues in any games, or simply in general.

So, Neverwinter inventories... you get six (I think?) pages, plus the option of magic bags.
Firstly, Is there a good easy way (possibly via plugin?) to get things auto-sorted... for example, have all potions go to page 2, all spells to page 3, all weapons/armour/items to page 4, all gems to page 5, and all books/maps to page six, then have the first page for misc things and as the swap-space for weapons?

Is it worth having a couple of powerful magic bags (-80%) for carrying around a lot of gems/spells/potions, to reduce their weight from almost nothing to even more almost nothing, or is it not worth paying so much, when a -20 or -40 bag would be enough?

Books: Are they worth keeping... they generally weight 0.5/1kg and have interesting story bits, but is it worth saving them on the offchance that you might happen to need one for a sub-quest somewhere? (I kinda know the answer is no, but I like collecting books. Sad)

And most annoyingly... why oh why oh why is my henchman so damned lazy that she wont carry things for me when I get encumbered or find lots of heavy treasure! :angry:

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2003, 01:07:13 AM »

if i remember correctly...theres this merchant in the top left quarter of Neverwinter...he sells tons of sweet stuff, such as compound bows and bags of holding, that reduce the weight by 100%

these are seriously sweet...otherwise i find magic bags to be less than useful

don't know about inventory management...

you can download a hakpak that allows you to manage your henchman's inventory...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2003, 01:08:41 AM by Everous » Logged
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2003, 09:11:13 AM »

Reduce weight by 100% would make them weight nothing, yes? Cool.

The top left of the city was the Seedy Tavern which only went upto -80%... unless you mean the top left of the whole map, which is Luskan and my next destination.

I might look into that hakpak, I assume it'll be on nwvault or whatever that site is.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2003, 09:28:15 AM »

I use page 2 to keep my 6-8 -60% weight bags of holding. Far more worth it imho.
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2003, 10:04:33 AM »

Heh, I've currently got -20,-40,-40,-80 in use, plus another -20 I recently found.

I think I'll sell the two -20s and get a couple of -60s, but that still leaves me with trying to figure out what to put in where. :miffed:

Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2003, 02:56:16 PM »

neverwinter is split into four quarters yes?...

i think the merchant i'm talking about is in the docks...he has some seriously cool equipment on him
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2003, 04:39:07 PM »

Hmmm, can't remember seeing great equipment on either of the merchants there... I did get the -80% bag from there I think, but no -100% one.

Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2003, 12:46:06 AM »

uh...dunno, i'm a little rusty, haven't touched the game in months, its worth looking around for this merchant

he has some seriously cool stuff on him

and i remember doing the mission where they were trying to bid off the reagent, when i found the merchant...that was in the docks yes?
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2003, 12:49:26 AM »

Yes, but ... a-ha! I know what you're talking about now, the auctioneer... yeah, he had some decent stuff, but you had to buy it via text... you couldn't examine it, which scared me off of him. :blink:

Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2003, 03:16:33 PM »

nay...he had some decent stuff i know...i just saved, bought it and reloaded if i didn't like him

but there's this small shack with a guy...with stuff...and was cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: