BPsite Forums
March 28, 2024, 04:44:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warcraft III  (Read 8873 times)
Louise

View Profile WWW
« on: July 12, 2006, 08:51:10 PM »

I can now officially win against the computer on Easy setting, at 80%.  Cheesy

No, to do one of the higher ones and not get all mashed up ...  :unsure:  

If my lack of signature worries you, please feel free to imagine it as saying some amusing, pleasantly witty and intelligent phrase.
DDM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 12:23:47 AM »

pfft, I can beat an insane If I make them wood elves in an enclosed forest area.   :unsure:

Ok, seriously, I can just about beat a normal computer player 1v1  Sad  
Hornet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 04:29:14 AM »

I really do need to post more often, and not just skim topics...  :unsure:

I've managed to regularly beat normal AIs, one-on-one on the small to medium sized maps.  Larger than that and by the time you've found them they've either out-numbered, out-teched, or out-creeped you.  Or some combination thereof.

The AI cheats, which really isn't fair.  They see everything at once (without fog of war, either - they always dash straight for you (usually when you're out of the base creeping), or your expansion), and can *do* everything at once... perfectly micromanage battles, explore, build, research, expand... Feh.</rant>

And it's night elves, not wood elves. Tongue

Does anyone have favourite races?  I personally prefer Undead and Night Elves, although humans are good too.  The Orcs lack a decent healer for the early part of the game, and witch doctors can't really be classed as 'decent', even when you do finally get them.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 04:30:04 AM by Hornet » Logged

In the fridge! By the cheese! Waggle waggle!

Money isn't the solution to life's problems, but it can usually buy it.
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 02:42:48 PM »

Never played it. Smiley

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
Hornet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 03:45:50 PM »

Never played it. Smiley

You ought to - you don't know what you're missing. Smiley

In the fridge! By the cheese! Waggle waggle!

Money isn't the solution to life's problems, but it can usually buy it.
DDM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 03:55:56 PM »

I play Orcs, cause thats the only race i'm decent at Even then All I do is build grunts... I haven't played it in ages either, the only times I do play it is when I play DotA with my brothers over LAN.
ns33

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 09:07:03 PM »

Play DOTA
Galmort

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2006, 07:06:50 AM »

fuck dota <_<

sorry, but in my head, that was necessary....

custom games are where its at, personally, i think you'll never be able to top 'commando wars'. many a fun times playing that one

td's are what i usually play if i ever play..

ns33

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2006, 04:36:21 PM »

you'd be amazed at how much skill and strategy is required for dota... for an add-on, it's a spectacular make
Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 06:15:23 AM »

Then there's Wintermaul... which would be more fun if my computer could handle it.   Sad

Oh, and night elves are the best- just build a force of chims and mountain giants, and you're all set (except for all the resources you need...)  Cheesy  

- I'm scissors.  Nerf rock.  Paper's fine.

-It's not the mind control that kills people; it's the fall damage.

-Que sera, sera.
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 02:31:41 PM »

The bots are so easy to work over it's not even funny. There are serious problems with their micro that no amount of maphacking can smooth over. However, I do find that if you 2v2 with 3 insane bots, the one on your team appears to gimp himself in order to provide you with a greater challenge. It wouldn't be too much of a problem except for the XP they end up feeding.

WCIII isn't the type of game that you can just pick up and play. You really do need someone to come and teach you the set. Even reading online guides can only take you so far, the good players that I know all had people to teach them face to face. If you're not so fortunate then, well, I'm afraid you're doomed to struggling even against poor competition. The most I can recommend is watching wcreplay, even so, you will probably find yourself wondeirng more often than not why these pros are doing something.

I play human for the flexibility. Fastcreeping the goblin lab /w militia will get your AM to lvl 2+, and 3 with another creep, fastcreep+expansion on Lost Temple is still viable, or the Sky AM/BM dual santcum + towers, if it all goes south you can always revert to standard spells/rifles, there's just so much variation in what you can do. As human it is absolutely essential to know when to press the advantage and close the game, failure to close will usually result in losing, it's not desirable at all to be fighting desto/abom bears/dryad as human.

As for custom games I can't get into DOTA at all, not even in the slightest. I simply don't care enough to look over all the weapon combinations for all the playstyles of all the heroes. I do play the odd game of Footman Frenzy though, which is pretty fun. Best record is probably 27 hero kills and win in 21 minutes on 3.8 NE fast tech, other than that there's DH 20 hero kills and win in 21 mins.
Louise

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 08:01:47 PM »

Thanks for the detailed response, Everous. Smiley

And, unless it's a noun, the 'Enjoy's' in your thingie shouldn't have an apostrophe.  <_<  

If my lack of signature worries you, please feel free to imagine it as saying some amusing, pleasantly witty and intelligent phrase.
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2006, 09:38:38 PM »

Yeah I know. That's what I told Rug way back when he wrote it.
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 09:51:18 PM »

Years ago, I add!

Just got WC3 the other day. Fun game.. not tried multiplayer yet.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 09:52:02 PM by Rug » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: