BPsite Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:27:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rise of Nations  (Read 6643 times)
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: May 24, 2003, 08:15:39 PM »

Just like Age of Empires, only much much much much better! Cheesy

The sound is a little screw (but that's a bug with my machine) and you can't zoom in/out as much as I would like, but it is still really cool. Smiley

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2003, 09:24:01 PM »

is it better than Medievil: Total War ? because i'm planning to buy one of them...
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2003, 09:33:49 PM »

Yes, because it is not just Mediaeval it spans six thousand years. Plus I have intense dislike for Total War games.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2003, 09:20:35 AM »

Medieval Total War p4wns
Shadow Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2003, 09:26:17 AM »

fuk, total war medieval was really awsome, dont hass it SS!  the original was crap, shoguns or watever it was called, but medieval really mastered the whole mass battle system.  the campaign is shocking, and they really need to clean up the entire game properly, cos its really dodgy, but the basic ideas and gameplay are really good.  

i havent played rise of nations yet, but im going to get it soon.  im actually more amped for the next total war, called like...total war Rome i think.  looks pretty good, and has gotten very good reviews, cos the mass battles run even better now, even though the armies are bigger.  i think i just like the idea of actually having "reasonable" army sizes, and still being able to see every  single unit as an actual person, its goodly.  plus, some of the gameplay things just rock, eg. all the hill fighting, some of the siege weapons and the surrender system is very good too.  its good to have a game with real moral, eg. u dont have 100% control over your army, your more of just a general, less God.  

anywho, thats just my two cents, i still havent played rise of nations.

"Always cheat, Always Win, the only unfair fight is the one you lose."
Felipe

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2003, 12:31:58 AM »

Rise of Nations is ok, the replay value on it is nowhere near as high as AOK Wink, the instantaneous ability to produce units once you get the artificial intelligence research is stupid, and really once everyone has the missle shield, no use in nukes Wink.  Its not as sgreat as Aok Wink

koc name: Undisclosed until Fortress Reopenature"
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2003, 10:15:07 AM »

:miffed: Um, you seem to be completely missing the point.

WBHighwind

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2003, 07:40:47 AM »

I havent heard of either of these games, but I just got Warcraft III today...
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2003, 01:35:19 AM »

i played rise of nations breifly...it was seriously strange...a bunch of T80 tanks followed by musketeers...people using cannons on my tank...
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2003, 09:33:57 AM »

Yes, that's what is cool about it... everyone isn't limited to the same technology era.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: