BPsite Forums
March 19, 2024, 08:58:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Royal Chestnut  (Read 77491 times)
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2004, 11:39:41 AM »

Sadir shrugs at the departing men, and goes off to check on things.

<oc>You just keep riding until my next update. :­p</oc>[/size]

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2004, 11:45:27 PM »

After a short journey without incident, trees appear in front of Hor'aath and Ralston. The thick branches mean that moonlight cannot penetrate far, and the forest is completely dark.

Meanwhile, Jehl'ran has exited through the south of Jeston, and ahead lies grassland. If there are any trails through the long grasses, they are not visible in the moonlight.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2004, 01:41:26 AM »

"Blast it, I hate the woods, there's not enough room to move.  Shall we leave the horses here and continue on foot?"

HaHa. This post cost SS .5 cents! So Sayeth the Evilknight.
Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
Saladin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2004, 03:03:05 AM »

"I'd feel more comfortable on my horse but there really isn't any choice now is there" replies Ralston

As he says this, he squints up ahead. "A light!!! There's a light up ahead! Let's go check it out."

I have become Death; destroyer of worlds.
--J. Robert Oppenheimer upon witnessing the explosion of the first atomic bomb
[/font]
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
[/font]
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2004, 07:33:44 PM »

*Hor'aath jumps off of his horse, and ties it to one of the trees at the edge of the forest*
"Indeed.  Let's."
*starts off slowly towards the light, waiting for Ralston to come along*

Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
Saladin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2004, 02:43:05 PM »

Ralston walks up ahead cautiously. He is blinded by a light. As his eyes adjust he clearly sees someone holding a longbow pointed at him

<oc> I'm going away for a month and probably only have time to drop in once. You can kill me off if you want<oc>

[/font]
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
[/font]
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2004, 12:38:08 AM »

<oc>I'd rather not stick an arrow through your skull, so I'll just have Ralston take a back-seat. :­p</oc>[/size]

"Don't move," the silhoutted figure demands in a dangerous voice.

"You," the figure says sharply, gesturing at Hor'aath with the bow, "keep your hands away from that weapon", before returning his aim to Ralston, "if either of you tries anything: you die.
"Now, tell me why I shouldn't just kill you both, regardless," the figure ordered.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 12:41:03 AM by SS » Logged

evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2004, 08:22:34 PM »

*There's no way I could get to my axe in time* Hor'aath thought to himself.  Raising himself to a slightly more prominent position, Hor'aath speaks to the man.  "What honor is there in killing a defenseless enemy?"

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: July 15, 2004, 03:07:31 AM »

After a moment of silence, the figure replies, "perhaps none, but who's to say I seek honour?"

Muttering, Ralston squints at the figure and asks, "what is it that you do seek?"

Again, the figure stays quiet for a moment, before speaking: "I seek the purpose of two armed men, wandering at night through the forest."

evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: July 15, 2004, 04:00:14 AM »

*fine, be an asshat about it and make us actually answer*
"We are seeking a group of bandits believed to be responsible for the recent attacks.  Any assistance you can lend to us would be most appreciated."

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: July 16, 2004, 12:50:52 AM »

The figure cocked his head slightly to the side, and watches Hor'aath for a moment. Deliberately he lowers the longbow from Ralston's face and slightly reduces the tension on the bowstring.
"Recent attacks?" He asked. "I know nothing of any attacks. A group rode north, a little to the west," he gestured with his right hand, "not too long ago - but you'll never catch them on foot, not unless they injure their horses." He grunted, "...a real possibility, the pace they were going."

Saladin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2004, 02:52:55 PM »

Ralston sighed in frustration, "How many people were in this group?"

[/font]
--Plato
[/font]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  

Jump to: