BPsite Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:24:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
  Print  
Author Topic: The Royal Chestnut  (Read 77661 times)
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2004, 03:32:50 PM »

Jehl'ran falls backwards off his chair as flame erupt on the table, throwing the mug of water at it with little to no effect he looks wildly to the other two men, though still on the floor.

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
Galmort

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2004, 05:01:50 PM »

Wulfgar jumps up from his stool, eyes wide in shock. He quickly pulls out his hip flask which still has a surprising amount of water in it considering all he had drank. He hurriedly unscrews the cap and thrusts the remaining water at a nearby flame. He then looks back at Len who is still moving barrels of ale. "Do not waste time with the ale, save your custom!" Wulfgar barks at Len.
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2004, 05:01:49 PM »

Jaarad falls backwards off his stoll when the explosions go off, he sticks his hands down behind him and turns it into a backwards cartwheel. Landing, he pulls out two knifes and evaluates the situation.

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2004, 08:22:54 PM »

Giving the barrel one last shove clear of the flames, Len growled at Wulfgar. "I am saving my custom!"

Glancing around quickly, Len evaluated the scene: Bill Reyhan was gripping his mug in one hand and clutching his wrist with the other, glaring at the scorchmarks infront of him; Wulfgar just standing there; Jaarad was posed ready to stab something; the strange man had fallen on the floor and was simply staring at Alein who sat motionless at the table, staring into the fire burning infront of him; one of the three drunks had turned to look; and Leah was just staring, wide-eyed, at the two fires still burning.

"Leah! Water!" called Len, thrusting his finger at a pitcher on the bar then towards Alein, help that fool," Len snapped, before running out back to the kitchens. Moments later he returned with a bucket of water and threw its contents at the fire behind the bar.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 08:27:47 PM by SS » Logged

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2004, 08:30:55 PM »

Flicking his knifes back up his sleeves as he senses no need for them, he grabs Alein and attempts to drag him away from the fire.

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
Galmort

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2004, 11:26:02 PM »

"Aye, are there any horses in the stable?" Hollars Wulfgar towards Len.  
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2004, 01:24:19 AM »

More flopping off the upturned chair than rolling, he pulls on the wall to stand up and gets a mouthful of smoke

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2004, 01:08:31 AM »

"No, none" Len called to Wulfgar as he ran back into the kitchens.

Splashing the full pitcher over the fire, Leah gasped, stepping back as it hissed, then breathed out as the flames went out. She looked towards the final fire as Len returned with another bucket of water and emptied it on the flames.

Stamping on the remants on the last fire, Len looked around the room. "Is anyone hurt?"

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2004, 10:24:12 AM »

in a choking breath, "nothing worth noting."

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
Galmort

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2004, 10:46:05 PM »

"Do you have any idea what may have provoked such an attack Len?" Wulfgar asked, caution in his voice.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 02:27:34 AM by Galmort » Logged
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2004, 03:31:31 AM »

Looking towards Jaarad, who is still holding Alein after dragging him free of the fire, Len shakes his head. "No idea," he replied to Wulfgar, "but I intend to find out!" he growled.

Coming round the front of the bar, Len walked over to Leah and asked, "Leah, are you okay?"
"I think so," she replied, "Who did this? Why?"
"I don't know," replied Len, "but I need you to make sure..."
The door banged open as Sadir, Mayor of Jeston, rushed in.
Gasping, he quickly looked for Len. "Is everyone okay?" Sadir asked, almost out of breath.

Galmort

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2004, 11:48:40 PM »

"Well well well" Wulfgar said as he walked toward the talking men. "Look who it is. What a shame we meet again under such circumstances. Wouldn't you agree Sadir?"
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2004, 04:42:18 AM »

Sadir turned towards the speaker."You!" He exclaimed, "what are..." turning to Len, "What is he doing here?!"
"I've been trying to find that out", Len said darkly. "But I've just had my inn attacked, and I suspect you know more than I?" he asked.
Grunting, Sadir spoke quickly, "Yes, we will have to deal with him later.
"Your inn was just one of several targets. We are lucky that there have only been minor injuries, so far. Most places were badly damaged." Sadir looked around, "You have escaped lightly," he observed.
"Who's responsible?" Len queried.
"We are not sure who did it," Sadir replied, pitching his voice so that the whole inn could clearly hear, "but there is a reward of 100 gold to any that help capture whomever is to blame for this attack."
Stepping back, Sadir opened the door and beckoned. A moment later, an old man and young child walked in.
"Bill's shop was hit badly, and his nephew saw who did it. William, will you describe what you saw, please" Sadir said to the child.
"Well, mummy had put me to bed but I wasn't tired and I couldn't sleep. Then I heard a noise so I went and looked out the window and there was this short man on a horsie. I couldn't see him properly because he had a big cloak with a hood, but he was carrying something and it went whoosh and there was a big fire. And he threw the fire at uncle's shop and got another one and threw it. Then another horsie came and this time the man was tall, but he had the same cloak on, it was all dark brown like the horsies. And he threw fires at the shop too and it was starting to burn and I was scared so I called for mummy and she went and got people to put the fires out."
"Okay, thankyou William," said Sadir. "Len, I came here because I know you are likely to have the sort of men that might help. Athough you seem to be almost empty."
"And now you want to take away more of my custom?" Len said grumpily, then sighed, "But these attackers must be found. It'll only be worse if they come back."
Addressing those in the inn, Len spoke loudly: "Well? A hundred gold for finding out who did this," he motioned the three charred spots, "any takers?"

Tom Reyhan looked at his brother and shook his head, "We're just carpenters. Wouldn't be any use finding anyone."
The three drunks were murmuring quietly, but not paying any attention to the rest of the inn.

RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2004, 12:34:08 PM »

Dropping Alein, Jaraad turns around to face the newcomer.

Jaraad: 100 Gold you say? Make that 200 and youve got yourself an employee.

mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2004, 12:37:41 PM »

"uhh pffft, i just wanna drink"

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says: