BPsite Forums
March 29, 2024, 10:31:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: The Royal Chestnut  (Read 77681 times)
Saladin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2004, 02:48:11 AM »

"Its not a problem, i'm looking for some more adventure and any pay is better than none"

I have become Death; destroyer of worlds.
--J. Robert Oppenheimer upon witnessing the explosion of the first atomic bomb
[/font]
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
[/font]
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2004, 02:53:05 AM »

The caravan leader mutters something to himself before addressing the speaker: "We leave first light tomorrow. What's your name?"
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 02:54:08 AM by SS » Logged

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Saladin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2004, 02:57:31 AM »

"Ralston, i'll be ready"

[/font]
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
[/font]
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2004, 03:00:25 AM »

"We wont be waiting around," replies the caravan leader gruffly. He then turns back to the bar and calls for another drink.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2004, 03:03:29 AM »

Hor'aath laughs heartily.  "Good, good. Now that we have all of that settled out, I think I'm going to go check my pack that I left at the caravan.  I left some decent wiskey there, and tonight seems as good a night as any to finish it.  Ralston, feel free to stay here at the inn if you wish to.  I prefer to stay out with the caravan."  Hor'aath lowers his voice slightly, as if afraid that some invisible voice in the room was listening.  "Personally, I don't like staying at inns if it can be helped.  To many things that can go wrong, if you know what I mean."  Hor'aath turns and starts off towards the caravan.
<oc> If nobody goes after me or nothing happens after this, lets just assume that i drank and went to bed.  the next day can start whenever the plot moves on....again.<oc>

HaHa. This post cost SS .5 cents! So Sayeth the Evilknight.
Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
Saladin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2004, 03:36:52 AM »

"I agree with your assessment on inns, I'm gonna go to the caravan too. Now how about some of that whiskey?" Ralston follows Hor'aath as they disappear into the night."

<oc> I think that should get our characters out of the way until the main part begins. Unless you want to go i guess we should wait for the others to finish up their stuff <oc>

[/font]
--Plato
[/font]
Galmort

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2004, 04:24:01 AM »

"I want to know exactly what you know about Artemis Entreri." Answers Wulfgar. He sits back in his stool, pulls out a hip flask filled with whiskey, takes a small sip and looks back to Len awaiting an answer.
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2004, 11:48:37 PM »

Looks perplexedly at the man, "They move fast. This weather makes it damn near impossible to shoot and its so dark in there its as if they blend in." Looking to the other man on the table he wonders if hes still awake.
Jaarad finishes absent-mindedly playing with a knife, and slams in down hard into the table, then leaves it there vibrating whilst he takes a sip from his drink.

Jaarad: Uhhh, did I miss anything?

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2004, 09:44:55 AM »

Jehl'ran looked down at the ale oosing over the back of his hand from having jumped. Frowning he puts it down a bit away and catches a clother from the a side board. "Becoming senile arent we? Talking about cats."

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2004, 10:56:33 AM »

"Well, you were talking about cats. I was mocking you for a craven." Alein said to Jehl'Ran, finishing his wine and placing it down on the table with a dull thud, "Musing over the fact that we both need work, also."
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2004, 06:06:34 PM »

Bristling his voice rises as it speaks. "Ishould take you out by your boots and show you," all the while wagging his fore finger.

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2004, 05:05:38 AM »

Considering Wulfgar for a moment, Len finally answers. "Exactly what I know is that he's not a man whose attention I would want on me. Why?"

Galmort

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2004, 10:06:52 PM »

"Well, as you know, I was a guard in the kingdom of Jarka" Answered Wulfgar, while taking out his flask to take another swig. "Entreri was a trusted and respected colleague of mine.....lets just say, he is no longer that." Wulfgar finished, stood up, and walked over to a nearby window. His gaze drifted to the night sky. He sighed, walked back to the bar, and sat back down.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 12:26:18 AM by Galmort » Logged
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2004, 02:59:12 AM »

As Wulfgar walks away, Len mutters something to himself, then looks around the common room again. Sighing, he rests his chin on his hand and leans against the bar. Nine, he thought idly, just nine. Could it be worse?

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2004, 02:14:20 AM »

<oc>At the caravan (with Hor'aath and Ralston)</oc>

Hessan looks up as he hears the pair approach. As Hor'aath comes into view he relaxes, watching as the mercenary and his acquaintance sit under the shelter of a large oak tree and talk amongst themselves. Shrugging, Hessan wondered why they would prefer the rain to a nice warm tavern. He himself was only here to guard the horses from raids - though no-one expected to have to worry about that so close to town. Just as well; Hessan didn't think he would be much use. Kicking the ground with his foot, he wondered how long the rain would last. It didn't seem to be lessening, if anything it was getting heavier, but he hoped it would stop before the morning.
Suddenly he was pulled out of his thoughts by the sound of someone approaching, the sound of hooves thumping rapidly against the ground. Grabbing his club as he stood up, Hessan looked around. It was too dark to see very far. He glanced over towards Hor'aath and the other man. They were both on their feet, also looking around. Nervously, his gaze darted around trying to pin-point the sound, when he noticed it was quieter, receeding. Whoever it was had simply ridden past. Relieved, he sat back down, put his club in his lap, and shook his head.

<oc>Meanwhile, at the Royal Chestnut...</oc>

Len let his gaze rest on the window as he watched the raindrops splatter against the thick glass, unconsciously drumming his fingers against the bar.
He jumped slightly at the sound of a dog barking, then started to settle down as another noise disturbed him; the sound of horsehooves beating against the stone pavings. Len wondered who was in such a hurry at this time. Idely, he looked towards the stables. Perhaps I'll have some more custom, he hoped.
A sound from outside spun him around in time to catch a movement from the corner of his eye, then an instant later the window shattered, and Len stumbled back as flames leapt up infront of him. Someone's scream chaperoned more shattering glass, but Len was too busy shoving a barrel of ale away from the flames.

<oc>
People in [span style=\'color:gray\']the inn
[/url]:
- Incendiary decides have come through the rear side window and the two front windows. It would be a good idea to help put them out, unless you like burning alive.
- Please treat this as combat mode - ie: don't do too much in one go, and wait for me to evaluate each stage.
(Hor'aath and Ralston, you have to sit out for a moment. :­P)
</oc>
[/span]

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: