BPsite Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:12:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: help with WMP  (Read 11699 times)
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« on: February 03, 2004, 02:51:09 PM »

ok, this one's mostly for ss or anyone else who knows a lot about computers. something is wrong with windows media player. so u know, it's the latest version, which is 9, if i remember correctly. anywho, for whatever reason, recently, wmp has decided it doesnt like me anymore, and has refused 2 open for me. however, i got by that by right clicking it and choosing "run as". seeing as how im the admin on this comp, it decided 2 open for me. however, whenever i choose i file from my music folder 2 run on it, nothing happens. and when i tried 2 pick some music from the drop down list under files, it says "access denied". im not sure, but could the problem be that when i use the run as option 2 open it, i click the "protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity". it says that while this usually keeps viruses from messing with files, it can make programs operate incorrectly. but im not sure if that's it or not, im gonna tinker with it for another 5-10 minutes, then i have 2 go off 2 school. thx in advance to anyone who helps

HaHa. This post cost SS .5 cents! So Sayeth the Evilknight.
Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 02:52:49 PM »

*note* i just tried running it without the "protect my probgrams from unauthor ized program activity" thing, and when u do that, it doesnt even open. just in case that helps. also, my knowledge of computer's and computer terms is fairly vauge, so if u smarter people could please keep it in fairly simple terms if u can, that would help me out a whole bunch.

Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
Perdition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2004, 04:37:00 PM »

WMP is a bitch.  it helps if you have other ways to play the music like music match jukebox
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 05:30:40 PM »

mmjb is pants.

evilknight, first and easiest thing to do is re-installing it.

Goto http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...oad/default.asp
and download it, then just run the install program over the top... if it gives a repair or reinstall option then use that.

If it still gives problems after that, we'll try to find out why.

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
evilknight skool
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2004, 07:06:07 PM »

k, im at skool right now. ill try it when i get home
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2004, 10:38:09 PM »

ok, this entire thing has spawned a much worse problem.
now, my computer isnt accepting my account as an administrator account. however, i never leave my account open unattended, and im the only admin on this computer. seeing as how only admins have the authorization to install programs, im now totally and completely screwed. unless anyone knows how 2 hack a windows system and give admin privilages?

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2004, 10:57:11 PM »

Yikes. Um, I'll have to get back to you on that one, but run any anti-virus software you have installed.

Oh, have you've got Windows XP? Home or Pro?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 10:59:21 PM by SS » Logged

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2004, 11:05:44 PM »

when you're booting it up, keep tapping F8 till it asks if you wanna boot in normal mode, safe mode, etc. Choose safe mode. There's another admin account that will only show up in safe mode. If you installed windows by yourself, you should know the password as it was set during the install. Otherwise, try a blank pass, 'admin', and things like that. That should let you do anything you need.

On another note: am I the only one who's gotten wmp to say--and I quote-- "the operation could not be completed because the pins are not connected." ?  :blink:  
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 11:06:37 PM by FragMaster1972 » Logged

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2004, 11:08:44 PM »

He doesn't need to keep tapping F8. When it shows the IDE information (hard drives & cd/dvd drives) but before Windows starst booting he just holds it down for a few seconds.

evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2004, 11:09:10 PM »

thx, ill try that. but i have 2 be quick, my mom's officially banned me from using the computer for 2 days. so ive got the window of about an hour 2 fix it. btw ss, i think ive got pro.

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2004, 11:12:39 PM »

Ok, let me know if Frag's suggestion works, if not I'll go ask some techy friends.

RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2004, 11:26:34 PM »

Hold it down?
Just press it...

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
Thamior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2004, 12:45:20 AM »

I have a solution...just use Winamp  LOL   My computer came with WMP installed but I ended up downloading Winamp anyway.  Now that I have both it seems like the sound quality on Winamp is much better.

I'm gonna hang out with my wang out and rock out with my cock out!
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2004, 01:33:58 AM »

Pffft. Winamp is vastly over-rated.

evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2004, 01:42:11 AM »

ok, i traced the admin problem down 2 a pesky brother. a quick beating insued, and now im back in power. thx 2 frag for the help. now then, with my newly regained admininstatorship, i am going 2 go try the wmp thing again.
edit* now that's fucked up. last time i downloaded that, my kb/sec was 200 and something. now, it;s like 15.
oh well, i wont complain.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 01:44:18 AM by evilknight » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: