BPsite Forums
April 19, 2024, 10:03:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: LordStriker plans begin NOW  (Read 36423 times)
Nadaria

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2004, 07:33:21 AM »

note the admins pointed out that mass attacks are now less effective, got to take care of their favorite account

If you're referring to LS, I'm pretty sure if the admins had to choose a favorite it wouldn't be him, but maybe you meant someone else  Wink  

The suggestion on curbing mass attacks by small armies came from a number of people and was (at least in part) to cut back on the benefits of using fake accounts.  

smi256

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2004, 09:25:03 AM »

double-edged sword

but the 'rule' thingy about people that have their officers reactivate and getting some bonus for it (I think it was 1000gp per reactivation) is also convenient.  That was meant to be unrelated to the 'LS being in favor of the admins' line of thought btw.

*was here
Biteme360

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2004, 09:25:30 AM »

the admins put a little blurb in there mantinece page once or twice, stating that the site being down was due to attacks on LS, now it was probably the truth, but still, don't you think putting something like that on the page would make people want to stop hitting him so they could actually get into their accounts

The One and ONLY Shadow_King
The Tallest Person is the Last One Standing
Nadaria

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2004, 05:58:43 AM »

the admins put a little blurb in there mantinece page once or twice, stating that the site being down was due to attacks on LS, now it was probably the truth, but still, don't you think putting something like that on the page would make people want to stop hitting him so they could actually get into their accounts

Well it did make them stop attempting to hit him all at once so that the server could go back up and some attacks could actually go through  Cheesy

I have no idea what the actual intent of the admins was with that, but to me it was more like:
Good job guys- you've managed to get enough people together that instead of taking LS down you took down the server  Tongue  
Biteme360

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2004, 06:12:03 AM »

and the conclusion to that line of reasoning is, so if you could stop attacking LS you can all go back to playing
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 06:12:21 AM by Biteme360 » Logged

The One and ONLY Shadow_King
The Tallest Person is the Last One Standing
Nadaria

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2004, 08:49:10 AM »

and the conclusion to that line of reasoning is, so if you could stop attacking LS you can all go back to playing

I can see how some people might come to that conclusion, but since the attacks were pretty organized at that point I still think what most people got out of it was:  if so many of you stop trying to hit him at once and instead space out your attacks some more you might actually be able to get through (yes, there was an attempt to space out the attacks sufficiently from the start, but it was apparently not enough).  

Frankly, I don't think the message mattered at all b/c everyone seemed to have already come to the realization that the attacks had taken down the server.  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: