BPsite Forums
May 13, 2024, 11:42:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: If...?  (Read 65887 times)
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2003, 07:36:08 AM »

Can I playtest?

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2003, 09:15:21 AM »

Hey SS, email me your races and I'll get to work on the Battle / Character / Batallion system tonight...
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2003, 09:53:35 AM »

Ripper, No.

Auron, Still a WIP, not sure if I'll have it completed to my satisfaction tonight, but if I've got anywhere by 9pm I'll e-mail you.

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2003, 09:56:11 AM »

Hmmm, Okay. I can still work on the system - Races will just change number of Points to Allocate, skills, what skills, starting atributes etc etc.
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2003, 11:20:37 AM »

Why cant i playtest?
If i come up with a good idea can i playtest?

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2003, 12:51:43 PM »

If you post something useful instead of spamming the thread then you will be considered for playtesting like everyone else who has submitted useful posts. Tongue

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Filran

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2003, 03:41:00 PM »

Seeker, if you need names for additional races, or locations, tell me. (My internet is down, so I have to post at school! Sad) And... when its ready, could I playtest because I'm a great guy with too much time on my hands? ^^

Too hot to handle, too cold to hold.

Member of TGA for five years! Joined Feb 1st, 2003
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2003, 04:54:02 PM »

Yes, you probably can... but can we at least get the concept somewhere less vague and have some code actually produced before everyone starts asking to playtest. Tongue
As for names, yes, I would like some interesting things. Locations might be useful also, depends how things work.

RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2003, 05:07:49 PM »

Kobolds/ Lizard men would be cool, along with the usual (dwarves, orcs, humans, elves).

And i think you should be able to buy buildings for ur city, blacksmith, stables, etc, which would effect the items you can make, and ur income/outcome (via shops)

diskreet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2003, 05:11:07 PM »

hit me up when you're ready for me to start coding... anything.   :ph34r:  

might upon might.
strength upon strength.
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2003, 06:04:46 PM »

Ripper:
No dwarves or orcs, because... well, because I said so. Tongue

What are Kobolds/ Lizard men traditionally adept/inept at?

The building idea is already fairly well settled.

diskreet:
Will do, but it probably wont be for a while yet, depends how long before the key elements are made firm.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2003, 06:05:26 PM by SS » Logged

Rug

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2003, 06:18:40 PM »

Kobolds are sneaky little bastards, but they arent too bright.

I'll start drawing up a system for character creation in ooooh... 15 minutes...
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2003, 06:32:46 PM »

Right, a summary of what I've worked out race-wise.

There will be 10-12 Official nations at the start, distributed like this:
8-10 Human Nations
2-3 Elf Nations
1 [Ogier-style creature] Nation
1 [Goblin-style creature] Nation

The Elves and [Ogiers] will be at peace with each other, and a couple of the Humans
The Human nations will be at either peace, neutral or war with each other.
The Elves dislike [Goblins] but they are not a big enough pest to go to war with.
The Humans/[Ogiers] mostly ignore the [Goblins] also, and might not have even had contact.

As for benefits, the different human & elf nations will have slightly different bonuses, but will not be too different.

Race wise:
Humans: Nothing special about them, they are average or just above in all skills. (except ones which are improved because of their nation bonuses)
Elves: Typical elves, good archers, good at spying, relatively intellignet.
[Ogiers]: Big strong craetures, which are good at building things and relatively intelligent, though not very fast/agile (but not clumsy).
[Goblins]: Small agile creatures, at least as smart as any human, but never smarter than an elf/[ogier]. Good at spying and no disadvantages for moving over awkward land.

There is a bit more than that which I have got, but I could spend all evening writing up my ideas, and I've got other things to do for a while, so I'll post this now.

Rug

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2003, 06:48:24 PM »

Join IRC as soon as you can.
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2003, 08:40:11 PM »

Ok, just coming

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: