BPsite Forums
May 02, 2024, 11:54:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NWN persistent worlds  (Read 5420 times)
Everous

View Profile WWW
« on: March 14, 2005, 05:24:18 PM »

I've got NWN and both expansion packs recently...although tbh I don't care too much for the main storylines, what interests me most are the persistent worlds, it seems to me everything a MMORPG is striving to be.

so far i'm considering playing in Three Towns: http://www.trustinginthefuture.com/3towns/

However, I suspect I will only have time to play in one of these places. I would like to pick the biggest/baddest most kickass persistent world there is. Are there any choices that stand out above the crowd? Is there a definitive site labeling the pros and cons of each persistent world?

Advice would be good...I'd hate to train my weaponmaster up to level 40 only to find the world i'm on is a pile of crap
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 11:08:07 AM »

www.avlis.org

Level progression is SUPER SLOW on Avlis. My main character is level 23, started last january. Currently only one character is level 40. It is also a low magic item world, so you cannot expect +5 gear etc. A set of +3 gear by level 15 is about average.

There is also a lot of custom content, that coupled with the playerbase makes Avlis better than any MMORPG can currently hope to be.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 11:08:43 AM by Rug » Logged
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 12:01:20 PM »

this is wierd

i tried 3 towns...apparently i didn't even have to download anything to play it

but it just kept saying the server was full...all night...does this usually happen?
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 06:52:04 PM »

but it just kept saying the server was full...all night...does this usually happen?
Not on Avlis. Tongue

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 12:37:13 PM »

ok I'm going to apply to Avlis

but I'd like some help to create a character. Since the PvP settings are full and I want to get involved in that, I can't just create a random character that I think is fun...he has to be fully optimised.

What I think would be quite fun it play is a rogue type character, dealing out huge damages using critical hits and sneak/death attacks. Since we want lots of critical hits, dual wielding is necessary. But in the end I think it comes down to either the Weaponmaster or the Assassin. I am still uncertain of the exact progression that I should take, or if the Assassin is actually any good.

Help would be very much appreciated
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 12:42:02 PM »

Actually thinking about it now, with Tenser's transformation...a Sorcerer is also quite feasible.
What Prestiege classes should I take for a pure spellcasting type?

Also, another thing. All these hakpaks for Avlis confuse me. Is there some sort of big hakpak I can just download and install alone?

an erm....i also need help to fill in the form >.< I don't really know what it is these roleplayers are looking for...never roleplayed before in my life O.o;
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 02:50:35 PM by Everous » Logged
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 07:16:57 PM »

Also, another thing. All these hakpaks for Avlis confuse me. Is there some sort of big hakpak I can just download and install alone?
Seems to be in the process of being created.

Easiest way is probably to download & install everything below "Avlis Hakpaks (non install form):" on this page:
http://www.avlis.org/portal.php?getpage=hakpaks
(You may not need it all, but it wont hurt to have it either, and you'll probably end up needing most of it eventually, so why not get it now.)

Along with the latest version of the CEP:
http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/hakpacks/data...244451000.shtml

And if you get an error about .NET Framework, you'll need this one too:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

And that should be it. Aside from making sure you've got the latest version of NWN.

an erm....i also need help to fill in the form >.< I don't really know what it is these roleplayers are looking for...never roleplayed before in my life O.o;
I think they're basically looking for people that aren't stupid/jerks, so don't worry too much.

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: