BPsite Forums
May 13, 2024, 02:02:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Win32/C++  (Read 4789 times)
Lyban

View Profile WWW
« on: November 14, 2003, 08:36:20 AM »

Just wondering whether anybody is familiar with the WinAPI's and C++. I'm writing an application at the moment and was looking for a brain or two to pick if/when I run into any difficulties. Still a bit of a newbie with this stuff.  

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant" - Allied Pilots (WWII)

FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2003, 08:54:09 AM »

I know some c/c++. I can't guarantee that I'll be able to help, but ask and I'll see what I can do.

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

Biteme360

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2003, 06:23:17 AM »

though this might be a good thread to post in for this problem

anyone know any good web sites or books that could teach someone who only knows basic java programing to program html pages? Sad  i'm trying to make a website not going to well so far, but getting there

oh, and any helpfull info about javascript would be helpful
« Last Edit: December 12, 2003, 07:10:58 AM by Biteme360 » Logged

The One and ONLY Shadow_King
The Tallest Person is the Last One Standing
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2003, 03:19:40 PM »

Um, if you're learning HTML, avoid JavaScript until you've got HTML understood, and definitely don't go near Java. Ever, if you can help it.

As for good learning websites: Try www.w3schools.com Smiley
« Last Edit: December 12, 2003, 03:20:19 PM by SS » Logged

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Biteme360

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2003, 05:25:38 PM »

it's called college, i don't get that much choice in the matter of learning java, thanks

The One and ONLY Shadow_King
The Tallest Person is the Last One Standing
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2003, 05:05:42 AM »

well, the "xx for Dummies" series is good for beginners....but seriously just beginners. I've seen some of em, kinda scary.

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: