BPsite Forums
June 03, 2024, 01:11:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Hayfever  (Read 8506 times)
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: June 06, 2004, 09:10:28 PM »

<long boring story you can skip if you like>[/size]
So I woke up with a really sore throat and snot kept falling out the back way, and down my throat, whenever I try to swallow. And then I realised my drowziness wasn't sleep-related, and my eyes aren't in a particularly great situation.
I knew it wasn't a cold, but after checking a dictionary it seemed likely to be hayfever, despite me never ever having it ever before. It was annoying, but I put up with it until I got back to the flat (was at family's home), at which point I confirmed the symptoms and saw there was a high pollen count back home.
I thought it would fade once I got back here, and it has done to an extent (my nose is less runny & my throat is less painful.), but it's blatantly not gone away. Which is annoying me... if someone tried to kill me right now, I might have to put effort into stopping them! :angry:
</long boring story you can skip if you like>[/size]

So, um, yeah. Anyone here got/had hayfever?

How long does the blasted thing generally stay, bearing in mind I'm keeping inside (away from the evil pollen), and this area has a low pollen count thing anyway.

Does any know if regular stuff helps get rid of it? (Honey/milk/coke/whatever; I don't like pills/crap.)

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 09:21:07 PM »

Benadryl.
Daimao

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2004, 09:29:27 PM »

Yup,got it myself 2 years ago
it fucking suxx
out of the blue it came

.:: Lemming Ball Z : DBZ style fighting game with lemmings ::.

.:: Daimao.be : Daimao's Personal Website ::.

.:: Daimao's Daily Comics : Various daily comics ::.

*There's no time to discriminate , Hate every mothafuc|{a that's in your way*

*Let's call it Surprise Sex , Rape is such a harsh word*

*Raised to be stupid - Taught to be nothing at all*

*I don't like the drugs - But the drugs like me*
Perdition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2004, 09:40:32 PM »

You are probably reacting to grass pollen.  Its starts  being active around  early june and dies off around late july/early august.

Hayfever being an allergic reaction means you can't calm it down with honey/milk/tea or that stuff, though ice will reduce  the itchy eye stuff for a bit but it doesnt solve the problem. since you dont like  medication you should look into homeopathic drops or pills.  they work well.
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2004, 09:58:07 PM »

I have been sneezing non stop for 3 days! Not nice.
Also had a bunged up nose.

I havent gotten conjunctivitus yet, and my eyes arent that itchy, and Im hoping they stay that way...

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2004, 10:42:08 PM »

benadryl never did much for me, but theres a number of meds thatll help you out...in general any allergy medication.

tylenol allergy, benadryl, sudafed, claritin, zyrtec (last two need prescriptions but those are easily obtained from a doctor)

you just have to find one that works for you. tylenol severe allergy works wonders for me but doesnt do much for my dad/bro except make em tired.

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

underruler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004, 12:06:13 AM »

Yea pollen is an evil bitch, but my allergy season has passed.  I usually have a lot of itchy stuff and I rub my eyes a lot which isn't good.  I don't take anything b/c my doctor prescribed this nasty nasal spray that doesn't spray very far up the nasal cavity.

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and and bananas.

http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/hugs.cgi?&HUG...hug=luvr_bunnie

[img]http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/count_hugs.cgi?hug=luv
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2004, 12:16:04 PM »

Blah, so I decided to have a rest, which wasn't a great idea, because I woke up (from a scarily bizarre dream) with a high temperature, headache, and sore eyes. Two hours later I went back to sleep again, and woke up with only a bit of a headache and a slight temperature (not helped by the big bright evil sun outside).
Flatmate suggested it might be flu, so I took some Beechams flu stuff which has got rid of the headache, but I still want to go pull out all the shelves and sit in the freezer. :mellow:

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2004, 04:28:54 PM »

Benadryl+ i use, dont find it helps apart from mentally anymore though. my hayfever season started nearly a month ago and will last for the next 3 then ill be suceptible to colds for the few months after.

puts my nerves on razor blades this time of year, a few years ago i came up with rules for living with hayfever if you play by them you stay fine but its so easily to not and then i get fucked. luckily i havent had the eye-glue-where my nose gone stuff in the morning this year and last.

uhh we had an exam today and i was suffering been through 3 hankys today ( be glad i dont take that further) i went to bed early last night and woke up at 4am this morning much to my dismay and had a nose bleed so theres red materials all over my room and bathroom right now  Sad took me an hour of nose blowing to get back to sleep woke up this morning groggy as always and had that benadryl stuff helps a lot but doesnt last very long. so the windows closed and the industrial fans out ive had another pill and im hoping my night will be ok...hoping  :miffed:  

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
underruler

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2004, 05:51:54 PM »

You should stick some vaseline in your nose if you got a bloody nose...well after you had the bloody nose.

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and and bananas.

http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/hugs.cgi?&HUG...hug=luvr_bunnie

[img]http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/count_hugs.cgi?hug=luv
Hornet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2004, 06:19:48 PM »

I've got exactly the same problem - and it's even worse if you've got asthma as well.  Neoclaritin is the best stuff, but most antihystemines will help.  There is no non-medicinal way to treat it, but some stray odds-and-ends can help the symptoms (such as ice, which has been mentioned).  A cold damp flannel applied to the back of the neck also works wonders with headaches and nosebleeds.

If you go for medication, it won't help much now as you ideally need to start taking it before you have the trouble.  You'll find that it also only hits at certain times of the year, as different pollens are out at different times (hence why I NEVER go outside if catkins are around).  There's also a nasal spray called beconase, which works wonders, but shouldn't be used longterm.  I think you need a perscription for it as well...  Sad  

In the fridge! By the cheese! Waggle waggle!

Money isn't the solution to life's problems, but it can usually buy it.
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2004, 06:22:30 PM »

stuff makes me groggy and not happy also very unpleasant. rape seed is the worst pollen producer i find

A cold damp flannel applied to the back of the neck

cold damp flanel over the eyes if your gonna lie down for some time works well too

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
Perdition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2004, 07:11:30 PM »

also fun to toss that down the back of peoples shirts but make it sopping wet not just damp Tongue
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2004, 08:05:22 PM »

*scratches head* nah thats what buckets are for. hmm or as ive juts proven you can go lie down for awhile and it does wonders

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
Perdition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2004, 08:08:34 PM »

its even better if someone climbs on top of you and uh yeah you get the idea
Pages: [1] 2