BPsite Forums
May 03, 2024, 03:26:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Upgrades Worth the Gold  (Read 11168 times)
bofor

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2003, 06:15:35 PM »

Using the calculations listed earlier in the thread upgrades make a lot of sense early on but when your up to cannons and citadel ? When you don't have a lot of TBG and you have to sell weapons, Yeah a citadel would be nice but watching your SA or DA plummet to get it is very painful.
Arantor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2003, 02:00:58 AM »

No, the percentage is always calculated from the base amount.  And no, not too bad. Wink  I routinely attack people with  much higher upgrades than I have.

Yeah, citadel's still worth it, at some point.  

If you're wanting to upgrade to Citadel, and you're going to pay for it by selling dragonskins, it's worth it once you have 372 dragonskins.  Just sell 31, purchase your citadel, and your DA will go from 13,094,400 to 13,094,400 (assuming, of course, that they're all manned by trained professionals Smiley).

SA = 13,094,400 = 2560 * 5 * 372 * (1 + 1.75)
after citadel:
SA = 13,094,400 = 2560 * 5 * 341 * (1 + 2.00)

Citadel costs 5,120,000 gold, right?

Aran Taur
bofor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2003, 02:51:18 PM »

Ok that makes sense. I guess I'll put off getting citadel until I have 372 dragonskins, LOL. Uh I don't think age 2 will last that long.
_afo_afo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2003, 03:18:27 PM »

You just have to wait a lot more for the more expensive upgrades. Each upgrade gives the same benefit (25%) but costs more so that each upgrade becomes worth it a larger amount of weapons. But when you have 900 of a weapon already it becomes moot.  LOL  

Arantor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2003, 05:50:54 AM »

Ha.  I now have Trebuchets.

I just love my TI-83+.  It's a must have for efficiently running my account (second only to luck in acquiring targets).  I don't really like hanging around for too many seconds with 1.3 million sitting in my banks, so I wrote a program for the marvelous little calc that takes into account how many knives I have, how much gold I already have, and spits out whether or not I should upgrade, and if I should, how many exaliburs I should sell.  And after I attacked my farm all I had to do was enter how much gold I had, and poof.  Cheesy

Anyway, yeah.  After awhile you might as well just forget the idea of upgrading for a looong, loong time.  I have less than 75 Excals now.  I have two siege upgrades left.  If the last one is only worth it when you have 350+...I figure I'll just be buying weapons awhile.
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2003, 06:13:24 AM »

Hehe--I have an 83+ as well. And I had quite a reputation around my school. I was THE man to go to for games. You name it, I had it, and yes, I would gladly transfer it for you. I had people I didn't even know asking me for games. I was a GOD. It was cool.  :cool:  

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

Thamior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2003, 01:10:06 AM »

There's one more thing to consider when contemplating upgrading siege weapons and fortification.  However, I can't verify that it's true, I'm just going by what Everous told me on the IRC channel.  He said that the higher upgrade you have, the less damage points your weapons will take after attacking or defending, meaning less gold to spend on repairs.

I'm gonna hang out with my wang out and rock out with my cock out!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: