BPsite Forums
May 09, 2024, 01:37:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: why 2 attack turns?  (Read 19874 times)
slayerselune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2003, 05:12:03 PM »

too bad one can't code a way in the game for sab prices to be decreased, a sliding scale of sorts, when used against some weasel who repeatedly attacks you but doesn't pay worth anything (i.e. there's no way to really get back at him except by sabbing him)  

The piano's been drinking...not me.--Tom Waite
GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2003, 05:50:07 PM »

the moment i saw that 5 attack turns for a sab, i said, HOLY CRAP!

*me curses the damned KoC admins*

koc name:Maaya
slayerselune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2003, 06:08:35 PM »

like I said before, I pity you elves getting your bonus screwed, me, I'm just a regular hack n' slash kinda human, attack and take the cash.....for the moment, maybe I'll take on some sabbing if I can save enough freakin' attack turns. :hehe:  

Emperor-Me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2003, 10:36:00 PM »

Yep.. 5 turns is WAY TOO MUCH!!!

You should never be ashamed of who you are, because if you are, you will forget where you've come from. And if you forget where you've come from, you will never know where you need to go...

Enjoy!!!
ns33

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2003, 10:42:08 PM »

<--- 1k+ attack turns, level 9. if u need something, call
slayerselune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2003, 10:45:22 PM »

how do you save up so many?  you must not do that much attacking.  gotta have patience here.  like my new mantra?  it's not only for saving attack turns, it covers the whole blanky blank time I'm spending trying to see if the site is available yet. <_<  

DKi9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2003, 11:44:31 PM »

I think some very important points have been raised here, and some excellent ideas suggested.  I saw nothing wrong with the idea of level limits in Age 1, in theory, but yes, it was frustrating being attacked endlessly on the lower end without being able to retaliate.  I thought Age 2 would work well with a level limit, once outside that range you can't attack them, but you can still sab them to retaliate.  You're not robbing some little army, but you're still able to stomp some ants if need be.  I'm not sure exactly where they want Age 2 to end up, but the way it is now, I'm sure they're alienating a good portion of the players of the game, what with the constant database errors and "readjustments" of the rules, it's totally changing the game that I'm sure many liked upon first glance.

Sunny days wouldn't be special
if it wasn't for rain;
Joy wouldn't feel so good
if it wasn't for pain.
Death gotta be easy
cuz life is hard;
It'll leave you physically, mentally
and emotionally scarred.

50 Cent
Emperor-Me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2003, 11:51:48 PM »

I personaly think there no prob with small armies...

No one will farm them because they have few sodiers and money = few gold

But still you shuld be able to teach them a lesson or two by attacking them back or small (!!) sab

You should never be ashamed of who you are, because if you are, you will forget where you've come from. And if you forget where you've come from, you will never know where you need to go...

Enjoy!!!
Meredoth

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2003, 12:00:57 AM »

The are f.... the game.
Ok till now i have been sabbed and sab many times, i don't care cause i reach level 10 many days ago, but what about all those people who try to save money to take lvl 10 and then sab a llitle, is this fair??? :huh:  
« Last Edit: October 03, 2003, 12:02:24 AM by Meredoth » Logged
slayerselune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2003, 12:08:29 AM »

I honestly don't know how pervasive sabbing has been as I've only been in attack battles with other players.  I suppose that's the risk of hitting the wrong person? <_<   I so far have made it to where I am with no direct alliance help (yes, I've gotten growth through officers in alliances) but the rest has been good management...and some, well lots of it seems, luck  :rolleyes:   I do think sabbing belongs in the game, but it got a raw deal at 5 attack turns now.

GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2003, 06:52:53 PM »

If anything, they should have put further CA penalties on non-elves if they're going to increase the cost by so much...
:|
Not fair that elves are the ones that get really screwed over, while the other races aren't as influenced (elves DEPEND on CA and sabotage)

koc name:Maaya
Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2003, 12:44:00 AM »

Now tha I have a good CA, I say sabbing should be unregulated again.  More realistically, the 2 attack turn per sab was probably the best idea so far concerning sabbing costs.   Wink  

- I'm scissors.  Nerf rock.  Paper's fine.

-It's not the mind control that kills people; it's the fall damage.

-Que sera, sera.
slayerselune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2003, 12:45:46 AM »

Yeah, finally get built up to have some fun and protection, and they make it worthless, way too expensive and no joy at all  Sad  

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: