BPsite Forums
May 04, 2024, 12:41:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Really recruiters affected the bandwidth of the KOC servers???
Yes - 21 (67.7%)
No - 10 (32.3%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Recruiters  (Read 8879 times)
gerokost

View Profile WWW
« on: October 13, 2003, 03:30:10 PM »

I know that if you click a page you get money from their commercials...
With the recruiter progs the admins of KOC had MORE page views/more money...

Why ban them?

"For these 10secs or less, i'm free"
Vin Diesel - The Fast And The Furious
Psygod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2003, 05:16:09 PM »

of course they do, people are logging in and out of KOC all the time using the recruiters.

Armageddon is near!
_afo_afo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2003, 05:22:35 PM »

Well unfortantely koc can't handle running with thousands of people clicking. There have been lots less clicking going on due to all the recruiters being down. AND IT STILL CRAPS OUT ALL THE TIME. Doesn't seem like a good idea to make them legal until this stops even though I would like to be clicking and getting more men from them. If it can't handle the load now it certainly can't handle the load with the recruiters coming back. It's just common sense, you can argue that the recruiters aren't causing it because it happens without them but they certinally aren't making the server load less.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2003, 05:25:57 PM by _afo_afo » Logged

Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2003, 06:25:35 PM »

I bet just clicking manually slows down the KoC server!  LOL  

- I'm scissors.  Nerf rock.  Paper's fine.

-It's not the mind control that kills people; it's the fall damage.

-Que sera, sera.
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2003, 07:50:33 PM »

I thought you actualy had to click on the ad for KOC to get money...
maybe little bit of money for every view, a little bit more for every click...IDK!

My sheep and I will be on our way  :sheep: *baaa

*was here
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2003, 09:38:26 PM »

Think: Not every recruiter is used just by KoC players. You get the BW load of say... 1500 players on at any one time + maybe 3-4000 people clicking.

Yes. This increases bandwidth usage. More users = More BW used.
BloodRaider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2003, 10:13:04 AM »

That's probably true, but the site is still really lagged and since the recruiters are here I am betting it wasn't them that was causing the problems..just the servers being too small in the first place.  The difference between losing the race by 1 point or 100 points is NOTHING! You still lost!

Of course I'm for the death penalty. Where would Christianity be if Jesus Christ got 10 to 15 with time off for good behavior?
Meredoth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2003, 11:12:56 PM »

I don't think that recruiter is the prob, what about the clans with word based links???
Arkanor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2003, 02:18:46 AM »

True... but people are still logging on and off, using the KoC server, logging off, using it again, logging off, using it again, logging off, using it again, logging off, using it again, logging off... you get the idea.

Being a good example is hard.  I’m trying to serve as a horrible warning instead.
Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2003, 02:43:33 AM »

And that serves what purpose exactly?  <_<  

- I'm scissors.  Nerf rock.  Paper's fine.

-It's not the mind control that kills people; it's the fall damage.

-Que sera, sera.
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2003, 06:11:12 AM »

That's probably true, but the site is still really lagged and since the recruiters are here I am betting it wasn't them that was causing the problems..just the servers being too small in the first place.  The difference between losing the race by 1 point or 100 points is NOTHING! You still lost!
no, there is a very noticable difference. Granted, its not very fast, but its definitely doing better than before.

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

brodyc7

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2003, 01:35:49 PM »

yes it is-i wander if the new server is really up-i think they should get a server that can support all the recruters- but still not everyone knew about recruters until now-but now everyone will use them and they arent as big of an advantage IF koc lets us use them again
bofor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2003, 01:56:21 PM »

The recruiters were a good way to level the playing field for people who don't have a lot of offficers and don't belong to a big alliance. The game itself promotes clicking by making TBG and to a large extent CA based on # of soldiers which is based on clicking. Unless they get a server large enough to handle the load or make the game less dependent on clicking there will always be a problem.  :angry:  
Dark_Banana

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2003, 05:16:32 AM »

I think they primarily use the recruiter links as a way to promote the game since people want more officers and then use their membership to get more money from the cheesy ads on the site.  Just a thought Smiley
Drowzycow

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2003, 10:50:29 AM »

*Looks at Page 1 of rankings*

I need more men...
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: