BPsite Forums
May 03, 2024, 05:35:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FFX-2 (Semi spoilers)  (Read 5225 times)
Filran

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2003, 05:46:27 AM »

Okay, I bought FFX-2 yesterday, and I'm going to give my first impressions on it. I'll continue giving off what I think because I want too, and you can't stop me.

First openning CGI sequence. Yuna is singing, while Rikku and Paine (Pronounced: Pain) are running around kicking ass for no apparent reason. There seems to be no reason for Yuna's singing either. No where near as kickass as the Blitzball opening in FFX.

Rikku and Paine run up to Yuna. You have to kick Yuna's ass. Kicking Yuna's ass is the highlight of this area, because she sounds very, very annoying. She just screams: Kick my ass.

You kick her ass. Its a very nice thing, but it doesn't last long, as you are now FORCED to chase her. Which, you chase her like the forced player you are. You have to fight ninjas that are aptly named "Goons" while chasing. They are easy.

While in battle, you have dress spheres, which is really just a glorified way of saying: Lets play dressup. Their clothing is minimal at best, and the logic that less clothing means more defense seems to apply here.

Eventually, you run into 'Yuna' and have to kick her ass again, but this time, she has two cronies. But, someone with flashy guns comes to save your ass!

The battle gets finished, and you have Yuna again. (Also, if you don't like rediculusly poppish names with stars flying out of them, you'll be in pain.)

You get to get on the ship, where you learn that you lot are sphere hunters. Sphere hunting is never explained, and they don't go out and tell you why you are sphere hunting, or how everyone desided that was the thing to do.

Brother, from FFX, is the captian/pilot/leader of the Gullwings, your team. He's very excitable, and alas, he knows english, so you get to hear him whine, complain, and yell and know what he's saying.

You run around, looking for spheres. You meet up with Wakka, who has, *gag* impregnated Lulu. Those two just don't click well, but, they are married, and a little kid is on the way. I fear for the universe.

Eventually you end up being asses, and steal a sphere from Dona (FFX) and some other nice people from Kilika. That is the entire chapter 1, if you don't do extra crap that you don't even know exists at the time.

ATB is back. The game is incredibly non-linear, and doesn't give off the sense of urgency and desperation/need as the FFX. Sphere grid is gone. Whenever you switch classes, you lose all those hard earned skills you had on another. It makes me sad and want to cry.

Too many girls. I want a man to oogle over. Is that so much to ask?

Too hot to handle, too cold to hold.

Member of TGA for five years! Joined Feb 1st, 2003
opperdude

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 02:23:39 PM »

hmmm so u say that it isn't worth to buy it?

'Joost, like juice but better' ~fire

happy now?
Thamior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003, 04:54:14 PM »

Final Fantasy X was probably my favorite game ever as I loved every aspect of it.  Even blitzball got addicting if you gave it a chance.  I've had absolutely no desire to buy this game though.

I'm gonna hang out with my wang out and rock out with my cock out!
Filran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 01:24:50 AM »

I'm not saying don't buy it. There are some pluses, but they are small, and the negatives out weight it.

Now, some of you LOVED Blitzball. Hell knows I did. It comes back, but, theres a drawback. You don't control a player anymore; and theres no more level up'd players. Bah.

A plus I found, I started the game over, because you can get chapter one with 25.3% at the end of it. You find a moogle in Luca. Just keep fighting there for hours. You will get every skill for Paine's starter class (Warrior), and Rikku's starting class (Theif). You do not get any level ups or money until the end of the mission, so think of it as you getting kickass moves at level one.

Asura

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2003, 06:13:17 PM »

I'm on chapter three right now...

I dun like FFX-2 nearly as much as I liked FFX...But I think it's still fun. o_O

~Ashura Sakuya

Asura's artness. D:
SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION!

hi visit mai art site kthnx bai
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2003, 10:24:47 PM »

Is it worth buying when it comes out over here? FFX was utterly amazing, If X-2 is half as good...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2003, 10:25:17 PM by Rug » Logged
Filran

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2003, 01:42:21 AM »

Its not half as good. Its less. Much less. You go to the same exact areas over and over completing 'missions.' If you don't do any sidequests, you only do about 43% of the game. There are 6 diffrent endings. I must say its way too boring to do that many times.

Asura

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2003, 06:08:04 PM »

Mm...I dun really like the whole 'mission' thing...

~Ashura Sakuya

Asura's artness. D:
SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION!

hi visit mai art site kthnx bai
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2003, 11:35:28 PM »

Hmm. I'll play a demo methinks...
Filran

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2004, 12:24:39 AM »

Yeah. Another plus I found: Get 1,000,000 gold in Chapter two, chapter 1 if you have the patience.

First, find O'aka. You must then pay off his 100,000 gil debt. Buy his items, and sell them over and over. You'll get there. When you pay it off, Hi-potions are now 50 gil. Holy Waters are 30. Buy as many Hipotions, and sell them to the hypello across the hall. Repeat. You will be rich, and can get the key with the symbol of Besaid on it to get the search sphere.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: