BPsite Forums
May 11, 2024, 08:05:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  
Author Topic: NWN/Avlis  (Read 55983 times)
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2004, 06:36:50 PM »

That generally happens when Peregryne or Vanya have gone around buffing the NPCs, Chris.
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2004, 08:44:37 PM »

but that was all one person it doesnt make sense. concealment dsoesnt work like that

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2004, 08:49:16 PM »

I've got a vague memory I had something like that in single player NWN, against a dazed monster, though only for a few hits. I assumed it was because they weren't able to identify where the attack came from in their state and so it kept counting as a Sneak Attack, but I dunno if that's true or just a coincidental explanation...

Can't see why concealment would have that effect though. :/
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 08:49:56 PM by SS » Logged

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2004, 09:02:06 PM »

...no my confusion was as to why i wasnt hitting him, i know why he was concealed and was loving the every shot sneak attacks

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2004, 09:07:53 PM »

Because you rolled high to hit, then shit low for the Concealment test, it happens.

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2004, 09:14:21 PM »

...no my confusion was as to why i wasnt hitting him
Ah. Then what ripper says - crappy dice rolls.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2004, 10:23:48 PM »

Heh, I had that problem with a wraith in Westshore earlier - Couldn't hit the fucker. Its enough to make me want Blind Fight.

Random:

No. I would hate to have a cookie you vapid waste of inedible flesh.: a scythe's base cost is 36
No. I would hate to have a cookie you vapid waste of inedible flesh.: hence, I have... 4924 to play with
No. I would hate to have a cookie you vapid waste of inedible flesh.: that 2 is badly wrong, but hey
No. I would hate to have a cookie you vapid waste of inedible flesh.: its 10:40 pm
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 10:40:17 PM by Rug » Logged
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2004, 05:09:58 PM »

well atleast i wasnt getting the -4 to attack bonus

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2004, 10:14:06 AM »

LOL

*written in a precice flowing script*

Citizens,
It is with warm regards I greet you and enjoy the comforting scenery of the capitol of the spirit land. Sadly we do not live in a present where simple enjoyment of beauty is sufficient activity. War and seperation of brilliant minds compounds the bitter fruits of ignorance we eat with every grim day these blights infect our lives.

In an effort to heal these wrongs I ask any be they citizen, solider or seated politician to begin considering having a discussion with the peers of your nation's enemies. This will be in neutral territory and should be balanced to attending membership and oratory capacity to preserve the singular most important element of any pursuit of peace, a sense of fairness.

Furthermore, while the organization I am blessed to be part of has only a facility within Mikona I wish to impart a sense of fairness from us as well. If there are misgivings or concerns bring them to us so that we may find a solution. Obviously the most equitable conditions attainable must be acquired for any debate to be seen as meaningful to both sides.

Sincerely,
Tia Xiloscia
Acting Master Sage
Avlis Tower University, Mikona
The elves have only one humble request, that perhaps you can convey to the invading nation -- Get the fuck out of our forest.

*not signed*

:hehe:

Rug

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2004, 10:33:07 AM »

OCly, I know thats Valendel Cy'svarilo - whos one of the highest ranking members in the Hands of Dru'el, and will be one of the first PC Avengers of Dru'el. So, yeah, get the fuck out of his forest.

Wyrmwing says:
I meant the Sand/Sh'/Dralix type of evil
Carved in Stigmata Wounds says:
and V'heress!
And, soon, me!
Me like to call it 'Cordial Evil'
also known as CE
*grin*
« Last Edit: July 31, 2004, 10:35:09 AM by Rug » Logged
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2004, 06:38:40 PM »

wow i never noticed this before but i think its great:

Silk Quote:
don't know, I think flinging poo in a catapult could be pretty damn effective.

I know if I was on the battlefield and I got hit by a pile of shit... I'd probably go home.

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2004, 10:16:52 PM »

Wouter: :angel:
Wouter: 5/2.. darn j00 Tongue
Carved in Stigmata Wounds:  ?
Wouter: Jad's chaotic/evil rating
Carved in Stigmata Wounds: ...
Carved in Stigmata Wounds: GET OUT OF MY FORUM!

This is what happens when a friend gets promoted to DM. The bastard reads your holy order forums. -_-.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2004, 10:17:08 PM by Rug » Logged
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2004, 03:36:37 PM »

An insight into the mind of Civilised Evil...

Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] H...hi... S...sand.
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] Hi Jadrienne
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] How have you been?
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] W...w...well... e...enough. Y...y...yourself?
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] Very well *grins*
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] I've had a promotion
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] Oh?
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] Sideways promotion, but a change nonetheless
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] Meet the new Great Mage of Arms for the Ebony Order of the Moon
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] I...i...impressive... t...title. I...i'd... n...n...noticed... V...v...v... h...has... s...s...shoulderpads... n...now.
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] *nods* He's now the Great Mage of Internal Affairs
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] And Dralix is the Great Mage of Relations
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] L...less... i...i...impressive, b...but... i...it... .s..s...still... h...has.. 'g...g...great'... i...in... i...it.
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] *nods* V'heress has contacted you, I understand?
Jadrienne Starfire: [Tell]  Promotions to those who deserve them, I see. Emprod's doing?
[kombinat] Sand : [Tell]  yup Smiley
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] I...i...in... p...passing, y...y...yes.
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] *nods* Good
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] Hopefully you will undertake the Test soon then
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] Whee.
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] The last group to do so proved promising
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] Nearly all survived
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] I...I...I... s...saw... s...s...spit... w...with... h...h...his... r...robes.
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] *nods and grins*
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] Did you hear that Joriah appears to still be around?
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] Y...y...you're... t...the... *counts on fingers* n...n...ninth... p...person... t...t...to... t...tell... m...me. C...c...congratulations!
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] Glad you're not on to toes then
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] You'd have to sit down to count
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] N...not... y...y...yet.
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] G...give... i...it... a...a...a... f...few... d...days.
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] *grins*
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] There's been goblins riding worgs roaming to the east, as well
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] Y...you've... h...h...heard... t...the... f...fire... g...g...giants... w...want... s...some... c...c...child... s...sacrifices... i...in... p...p...payment... f...for... t...the... d...d...damage... J...joriah... c...c...caused?
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] And we've checked a few times, but the gate across that bridge... *stamps ground* down there, remains locked
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] *nods*
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] Nope, haven't heard that
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] That why you're chatting with a Malekite? *grins*
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] Ah, w...well, y...y...you... u...up... f...f...for... p...preventing... a...a...a... m..major... c...c...confrontation... b...between... t...t...the... g...giants... a...and... G...g...gorethugs, t...then?
[Lord Ithinknot] Jared Evershield: [Talk] *nods as he walks by*
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] Possibly.. how so? And why stop them?
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] W...well...
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] T...the... F...f...fire... g...giants... w...want.. .t...t...ten... c...child... s...s...sacrifices... b...because... s...s...some... i...idiots... l...l...let... J...joriah... r...r...run... w...wild... u...u...up... t...there. *points in the direction of the Hills of Tumult*
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] B...because... G...g...goretharites... a...are... G...g...goretharites, t...they'd... r...r...rather... e...exterminate... t...t...the... g...giants.
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] And the Gorethugs want to go kill the giants..
[NightShade737] Xen: [Talk] *nods*
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] And thus bring them thumping down on the city
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] Hey! Y...you're... g...g...good!
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] That's what I keep telling people
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] No-one believes me *sighs*
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] W...well...
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] O...o...ostensibly, i...if... t...t...the... G...giants... g...g...get... t...their... s...s...sacrifices, a...and... a...a...an... u...under-t...t...the-t...table... a...a...apology, t...they... s...s...sit... d...down... a...a...and... s...shut... u...up.
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] D...desirable, a...a...as... t...they... w...want... J...j...joriah's... b...blood... .a..a...and... d...don't... h...h...have... t...the... m...m...means... t...to... p...p...procure... i...it.
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] And if the Gorethugs go thumping around up there and cause the deaths of many civilians, they may be up for banishment again..
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] Hmmmm.
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] O...okay, t...t...thats... a...a...a... t...two-b...b...bladed... s...sword, y...y...yes....
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] I...its... a...a...a... c...case... o...of... w...w...which... i...is... m...m...more... d...desirable, t...then.
[Delhen Vend] Delhen Vand: [Talk] *nods*
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] Them getting banned, or...?
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] *watches the man run by* M...m...manners... a...are... .a..a...a... .d..dead... a...art.
[fleuretty] Jand de la Fleur: [Talk] *slumps down*
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] W...well, a...a...allowing... t...the... G...g...goretharites... t...to... s...start... a...a...a... w...war, o...or... p...p...placating... t...the... g...g...giants... a...and... g...g...getting... t...them... o...o...on-s...side.
[wamba52] Wulfric Walroder: [Talk] *nods and smiles friendly*
[fleuretty] Jand de la Fleur: [Talk] *looks over to Jadrienne and Sand*
[fleuretty] Jand de la Fleur: [Talk] Hello *waves*
[kombinat] Sand: [Whisper]  *grins* Cannot lose then
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] *glances over at the hooded man*
[fleuretty] Jand de la Fleur: [Talk] *stares at the fire*
[fleuretty] Jand de la Fleur: [Talk] *pulls back the hood*
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  T...therefore, i...its... a...a...a... c...case... o...of... w...w...which... i...is... m...more... d...d...desirable.
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  A...a...abducting... t...ten... c...c...children... w...would... p...p...prove... i...interesting, i...if... n...n...not... t...troublesome.
[kombinat] Sand: [Whisper]  You want the giants on-side, it seems.. to what aim?
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] Hello there Jand
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] Congratulations on the wedding by the way
[fleuretty] Jand de la Fleur: [Talk] Hello Sand
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] Sorry that I could not make it
[fleuretty] Jand de la Fleur: [Talk] Oh that's ok *smiles* A fun evening though
[fleuretty] Jand de la Fleur: [Talk] Hello Jad
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  A...ask... t...t...them... t...to... k...k...keep... t...their... m...mitts... o...o...off... J...joriah...... a...and... b...b...being... f...friendly... w...with... a...a...a... f...fire... g...g...giant.. t...tribe... c...can't... b...b...be... b...bad... f...for... b...b...business, r...right?
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] H...hi, J...jand.
[fleuretty] Jand de la Fleur: [Talk] Um, shall I leave you two to discuss in private?
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] Maybe for a while, Jand
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] Jadrienne and I have some catching up to do
[fleuretty] Jand de la Fleur: [Talk] *nods* Of course *smiles*
[fleuretty] Jand de la Fleur: [Talk] Farewell
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] See you round
[kombinat] Sand: [Whisper]  Let's step to one side a little
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  A...a...agreed.
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] *holds out umbrella*
[kombinat] Sand: [Whisper]  I wish I could get a black one of these...
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  Nah. Y...y...you... l...look... s...s...somewhat... h...humorous... l...like... t...t...that.
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  S...suits... y...y...you.
[kombinat] Sand: [Whisper]  Hmm
Jadrienne Starfire: [Tell]  Can you imagine a funeral on a rainy day here?
[kombinat] Sand : [Tell]  hehehe
Jadrienne Starfire: [Tell]  All those yellow umbrellas...
[kombinat] Sand: [Whisper]  I have seen a black one about... but damned if I can get hold of one
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  I...I'm... s...s...sure... y...you'll... k...keep... m...m...me... u...updated... o...on... .y..y...your... s...search. *smirks*
[kombinat] Sand: [Whisper]  *grimaces*
[kombinat] Sand: [Whisper]  Why do you want the fire giants to keep their mitts off Joriah?
[kombinat] Sand: [Whisper]  And what's to stop him going up there again?
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  T...the... f...f...fire... g...giants... d...d...don't... h...have... t...t...the... r...resources... o...or... k...k...knowledge... t...to... d...d...defeat... J...joriah... f...for... m...more... .t..t...than... a...about... t...t...three... m...minutes.
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  A...all... i...it... d...d...does... i...it... a...a...annoy... h...him.
[kombinat] Sand: [Whisper]  Why do they blame Mikona for him?
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  N...n...nothing, a...annoyingly... s...so... i...it... m...m...might... b...be... a...a...a... v...very... t...t...temporary... s...solution, y...y...yes. Hmm.
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  H...he... w...w...was... c...chased... u...up... t...t...there...
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  T...the... g...g...giants... p...probably... t...t...think... h...he... w...w...was... d...driven... t...there.
[kombinat] Sand: [Whisper]  Have Gorethugs been involved in the chase?
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  I...I...I... b...believe... s...s...so..... n...none... o...o...of... m...my... .s..s...sources... w...were... p...p...particularly... c...clear, t...there. B...but... t...they... m...m...made.. .t...their... a...a...answer... t...to... t...t...the... d...demands... r...rather... v...v...vocal.
[kombinat] Sand: [Whisper]  One might think they provoked the giants so they'd have an excuse to go up there to kill them
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  A...a...a... t...true... c...c...cynic... m...might... t...t...think... t...that, y...y...yes. *smiles wryly*
[kombinat] Sand: [Whisper]  Absolutely not true, of course, but it might appear that way to some with a less clear view of the exemplary standard the Gorethites set
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  K...knowing... K...k...kharak... i...it... w...w...wouldnt... s...surprise. B...b...but... t...that... w...w...would... r...require... p...p...planning.
[kombinat] Sand: [Whisper]  Such misunderstandings, I'm sure, the Gorethites would be very happy to crush with their flawless logic and reasoning
[kombinat] Sand: [Whisper]  They do speak often of how much they train and practice and plan together..
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  W...why... d..d...do... I...I...I... g...get... t...t...the... f...feeling... y...y...you're... g...going... t...t...to.. s...stir... u...u...up... t...trouble?
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  Aye, t...thats... t...t...true.
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  S...s...standing... o...orders.. .t...t...to... p...provoke... .t..t...the... g...giants, m...maybe?
[kombinat] Sand: [Whisper]  Me? Wouldn't dream of it, I've always held the way the Gorethites break their own rules in the highest regard..
Jadrienne Starfire: [Talk] *snickers*
[kombinat] Sand: [Whisper]  Cunning, the way they prevented others from helping during Sorvanok's downfall, then asked the city to wipe the fact they'd been on the verge of banishment as a reward
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  W...w...when... J...joriah... i...is... f...f...finally... g...gone, w...we're... c...c...clearing... t...the... d...d...dwarven... q...quarter. D...d...dagathites... d...dont... n...n...need... a...anyones... p...p...permission... t...to... d...do... o...our... l...l...lords... w...work...
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  K...kharak... w...will... l...l...love... m...me... f...f...for... t...that... o...one.
[kombinat] Sand: [Whisper]  Aye, they'll try to get you banished for it
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  B...b...banished... f...for... r...r...removing... t...the... l...l...last... t...taint... o...of... a...a...ancient... e...evil... f...f...from... t...the... c...city? S...somehow... t...t...that... d...doesnt... f...f...fit.
[kombinat] Sand: [Talk] Never did, but they'll try nonetheless
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  I...i...indeed.
[kombinat] Sand: [Whisper]  It's private property, by the city's decree... but the banishment for trespassing should not hold any longer
[kombinat] Sand: [Whisper]  Else the Valokians and Malekites can declare any paladin who steps within their walls be banished on the same grounds
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  O...of... c...c...course, i...if... t...t...the... o...only... w...w...way... t...to... f...free... t...the... s...s...souls... i...is... t...to... l...l...let.. .t...them... d...d...damage... M...mikona, t...thereby... s...s...securing... t...their... r...r...revenge...... d...d...discretion... a...and... s...s...secrecy... w...would... b...b...be... a...advised...
[kombinat] Sand: [Whisper]  Aye
[kombinat] Sand: [Whisper]  I must be off now.. but it bears some thought.
[kombinat] Sand: [Whisper]  Hope to see you soon... keep me up to date on what you have planned
Jadrienne Starfire: [Whisper]  *nods* S...s...safe... t...travels, S...s...sand. G...good... t...t...to... s...see... y...y...you.
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 21, 2004, 05:57:33 PM »

Theamazingrugman: Can I interest you in conversion?
Theamazingrugman: you get snazzy robes
Theamazingrugman: :>
Rykoffe N: And a room full of nymphs?
Theamazingrugman: ... we'll work on that

Don't like death?
Bodaks getting you down?
Like snazzy robes?

Convert to Dagath today! All vestments and items associated with our faith are 100% guaranteed to help with such situations! Whats more, our robes come in an exciting choice of colours, ranging from white with red trim, to black and grey!

So don't delay, convert today!

[/shameless plug]
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2004, 12:04:12 PM »

* NWDuneAuron waves to the coffee dragon
* CoffeeWyrm is happy
* CoffeeWyrm waves back
* NWDuneAuron begins to wonder what the breath weapon on a coffee dragon is.
<NWDuneAuron> Warm milk cone?
<CoffeeWyrm> pure caffeine.. fort save vs addiction
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  

Jump to: