BPsite Forums
May 04, 2024, 04:31:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CCNA  (Read 3940 times)
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« on: November 22, 2005, 01:58:49 PM »

So yeah, I'll be starting into the second quarter of work towards my CCNA after this x-mas.
I thought I'd try and give networking a shot after visiting one of the Cisco bases of operation, the one I visited being in....Raleigh, I think.

But yeah, fun stuff. 'bout time I found a topic that I do well in and that I find interesting.  Wink  

HaHa. This post cost SS .5 cents! So Sayeth the Evilknight.
Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 05:51:00 PM »

Um, whats a CCNA?

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 06:02:30 PM »

C - Cisco
C - Certified
N - Network
A - Associate

It's the first step taken towards a career in network administration and the such.
After a few years of studying with my CCNA I can take a test for a CCNP (cisco certified network professional).

There's a third level, but it's hella hard to obtain, so that wouldn't even be a possibility for me until like 10+ years from now, assuming I don't die in a nuclear holocaust before that.

Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 10:35:31 PM »

That's awesome Evil.  The CCNA, not the holocaust...
I've only looked at the cisco courses, haven't dared to take them...yet...if ever
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 10:36:21 PM by smi256 » Logged

*was here
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 01:50:38 AM »

you know, the really awsome part is I don't have to pay for this class I'm taking, because I'm taking it in highschool.

If I make a high enough grade average for the 2 year course (I think a B or higher is the standard) I get to go straight to the test for my CCNA, plus I get fifty bucks off the cost of taking the test.

Woot.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: