BPsite Forums
April 29, 2024, 03:26:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dungeon Siege  (Read 3491 times)
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: October 29, 2006, 01:35:22 AM »

As I'm sure everyone here doesn't need to be reminded, Dungeon Siege was an interesting little RPG published a few years ago by Microsoft, with the selling point of not having any loading screens.
Other than that, it was fairly generic and nothing special.

It's being turned into a movie.

:mellow:

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 02:13:26 AM »

Jason statham is awesome...never played it  

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 02:51:53 AM »

Yeah, he's one of the reasons I'm not instantly dismissing it.

Watched the trailer and... I dunno. It's certainly not a touch on LotR or anything, but it doesn't seem as bad as all the Boll-bashers are implying on the IMDB boards.

The game basically involved wandering around bashing Krugs (think Orcs), wild animals, bandits, or undead creatures. Only four skills (melee,archery,combat magic,nature magic) and four stats (iirc... strength,agility,intelligence,knowledge) and health and mana. Oh, it did have pack mules... which would have been more fun if the weapons/armour/etc were actually more varied and interesting. Oh and it had pretty graphics in some bits.
The ending of the game was so spectacular that I'd forgotton I'd completed it. I still can't actually recall anything about how it ended, even actively trying. Though to be fair I'm also having trouble remembering the NWN ending (and I only finished that a few months back) but I know I didn't feel underwhelmed by that, and I am having vague memories of not being satisfied by the DS one.

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: