BPsite Forums
May 01, 2024, 07:47:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad morning  (Read 11197 times)
smi256

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2005, 10:47:35 PM »

I just would have thought this would have happened sooner rather then later

I got up this morning a half-hour to 45 min late, but I already had my backpack packed so I didn’t have much to do besides my normal morning routine.  So I go to class (on the third story) only about 5 minutes late (about when the instructor gets there…), but none of the other students were there either, so I wait a little while.  I think to myself, “Maybe that’s who was calling last night, telling me class was canceled…” but then I thought they might have just gone to the lab, so I check that out.  Looking though the window I see that a different class was in there, so that wasn’t it.  So after I figured out that I didn’t have any ones phone number, and e-mail wouldn’t work (if they were in class, they wouldn’t be checking their e-mail you see) I figure that my first idea was right.  I head out of the building picking up the course catalog that had just come in, they were just unpacking them, and so I was one of the very first people to get it (classes end in less then a month and they only get the catalog out now?).  I head home (20-30 min drive), getting some snacks and a soda, I go to my computer desk to start doing some HW for another class, and maybe e-mail my friends to find out about the class that didn’t happen.  It wasn’t until now that I saw under the computer clock, that it was Wednesday…I didn’t have that class today… It’s now 10:45, my physics class started at 9:20, and it’s going to take me another 20 to 30 min to get back to school.  As I unpacked my pack, and repacked it with physics stuff, I thought about what was supposed to happen today in lecture; luckily it was only to be review, as there was nothing more we were going to learn for this course.  I get to school, it’s about 11:15 or so, and I look through the window only to find the lights are off.  “Crap, what now?” I think to myself.  There should still be 15 minutes left of lecture, then lunch, then at 12:30 the lab.  I figure the lecture got let out early, so I head to find my friends at the cafeteria.  On the way there I purposely pass the lab to see if the instructor is there.  Looking through the window I see the class… and the instructor talking about something, probably the lab.  I enter quietly; walk to the back and across the room as to not obstruct anyone’s view of the board and to not give the instructor pause.  The lab extremely was short, maybe 10 minutes long, making it not even noon yet, it’s scheduled to end at 3:00.  (The lab was to find Rydgerg's constant, just in case you wanted to know).  I had nothing to do but go back home…
Luckily my friend let me photocopy her notes for the quiz and final review (there’s a first time for everything, coping notes that is) and I stopped by an electronics store with one of my other friends for the purpose of making my morning not so meaningless.  It’s also really fun to look at all the cool stuff.

:unsure:

Summery:
Got up really late
Got to school a little late
Went to the wrong class
Went home
Got home
Noticed my error
Went back to school
Now I’m really late
No one is in class (correct class)
Find class in lab
Short lab
Go back home with very little to show for
 :unsure:  
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 10:52:41 PM by smi256 » Logged

*was here
Arkanor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 12:05:20 AM »

Why did you bother going in at all?  I would have just hung out at home until the next class.

Being a good example is hard.  I’m trying to serve as a horrible warning instead.
underruler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 02:04:15 AM »

It's not that bad Smi I mean if was something major that you had a research paper due at exactly the time the class started and you got there late that would suck but otherwise nothing major happened.

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and and bananas.

http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/hugs.cgi?&HUG...hug=luvr_bunnie

[img]http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/count_hugs.cgi?hug=luv
Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 02:19:58 AM »

Wow, is this what I have to look forward to in college (since I am equally pathetic Cheesy)?  LOL  

- I'm scissors.  Nerf rock.  Paper's fine.

-It's not the mind control that kills people; it's the fall damage.

-Que sera, sera.
underruler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 02:52:34 AM »

You mean more pathetic right?

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and and bananas.

http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/hugs.cgi?&HUG...hug=luvr_bunnie

[img]http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/count_hugs.cgi?hug=luv
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005, 07:27:13 AM »

Why did you bother going in at all?  I would have just hung out at home until the next class.
to say that I really did try
Wow, is this what I have to look forward to in college (since I am equally pathetic Cheesy)?  LOL
depends on if you can keep the days of the week in order and know which day it really is. I should really look at the computer clock in the morning... Sad

I'm so not a morning person.  I have no real motivation to get up out of my nice warm comfy bed :wub:  
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 07:32:51 AM by smi256 » Logged

*was here
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2005, 10:48:20 PM »

i know that feeling, but i wudnt have any time to go on my PC in the morning its just get up and fall into clothes to catch the bus in the nick of time, i never manage to get to the bus stop these days so the driver tends to pick me up halfway

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 04:04:37 AM »

LOL

Just wait until you can drive yourself to school. Cheesy

-Que sera, sera.
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005, 06:35:38 PM »

or ride

its gonna be so different when ive got a car some things are just gonna get a lot simpler

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2005, 07:12:06 AM »

driving can freak me out sometimes...
dude, there are so many fucker out there who shouldn't be able to walk let alone drive!
this one time I was going to turn my ass around and go right back home.  'screw class' I thought, 'at least I would stay alive!'.  Sad  

*was here
Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2005, 12:42:55 AM »

That's what you get for living in California.  Tongue  

-Que sera, sera.
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2005, 02:42:47 AM »

I guess :unsure:
as it is, red light runners are becoming a major problem :angry:
someone want to buy me a paint ball gun?

*was here
Arkanor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2005, 05:46:00 AM »

That's what you get for living in California.  Tongue
The old people are scary.

Being a good example is hard.  I’m trying to serve as a horrible warning instead.
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2005, 06:43:26 AM »

I'm guessing that you mean old people that are driving are scary.
they can be slow, and make moves that I can't predict.  I keep them as far away from me as posible.

I also don't like cops around when I'm driving.  I get all woried that I'm going to brake some little stupid rule that I don't know about... :paranoid:  

*was here
Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2005, 03:39:05 AM »

I also don't like cops around when I'm driving.  I get all woried that I'm going to brake some little stupid rule that I don't know about... :paranoid:
/agrees

Actually, young people are worse than old ones (you should see how some seniors drive in our school parking lot)...  :unsure:  

-Que sera, sera.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: