BPsite Forums
March 29, 2024, 02:21:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Matrix: Reloaded  (Read 25616 times)
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2003, 10:48:51 AM »

These statements were just supposed to lead Neo from one fight to another.
Yes. I believe they call it a "storyline" Tongue

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2003, 11:05:01 AM »

When will people relise that the reason for these films isnt a storyline, its an excuse to kill people in exceptionally cool ways, dammit!
Amontilado

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2003, 11:26:44 AM »

Yeah, but the bad thing about is, that it wasn't quite cool  Sad  
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2003, 03:13:02 PM »

Yes it was!

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Amontilado

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2003, 03:40:43 PM »

No, in my eyes they got boring after a while.
"I must fight you to ensure you are Neo".
Stupid.
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2003, 04:11:11 PM »

Not Neo, The One... and I've just noticed Neo is an anagram of One. Heh, I wonder if that was intentional, accidental or coincidental.

Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2003, 04:18:52 PM »

well get some glasses...XD the fight thing was a random stab at pop culture...meh, if you didn't understand it...

and sience can't answer the meaning of life...because as SS correctly said, the question is unknown...there is no cause, therefore there can be no conclusion...and i believe 42 came from the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy...so um...shut up XD

i really really hope you were joking about that 42 thing...because god help you if you weren't

and there were no philisophical "statements" you were mean to discover them for yourself...if you actually heard someone talking about philosophy in the film...then i suggest you go out and see a non-pirate version of it

dunno...different people watch it in different ways...and people get out of it what they will...so some people will inevitably think its a pile of crap...while others watch it in their own style and think its amazing
Amontilado

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2003, 07:11:01 PM »

megarofl @everous

Do you feel offended? You haven't chosen the gentlest tone...

can't you distinct humour from seriousness ?
i mean: you are seriously telling me that the meaning of life can't scientifically be proven ?
at least i'm relieved that you recognized this as a joke by douglas adams....

and for the philosphy: may i quote YOU from an earlier post ?
oh i think if you look slightly deeper and analyse individual references in the film....you'll find some philisophical elements...but i doubt many people will do that...
Have you ever read Goethe's Faust ? If you are so interested in philosophy, you should read Goethe's Faust.

opperdude

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2003, 07:19:44 PM »

germans...pffff     j/k

ow and i gotta say i appreciate that you wanna be original and stuff, cause like everybody (except for the professional criticisers, cause its their job) says it's a extremely cool :cool: movie
« Last Edit: June 02, 2003, 07:20:18 PM by opperdude » Logged

'Joost, like juice but better' ~fire

happy now?
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2003, 07:30:14 PM »

yup...i said that...but you've taken it way out of context...there are philisophical undertones to the movie, but it should not be noticable unless you look for it, it can be enjoyed at different levels, and my point was that you should not feel the effect was "hammered in"

and i can tell humour from serious comments...its just that the wording in your posts aren't exactly top notch O.o

and yes, i don't believe science can tell the meaning of life for reasons stated in my previous post...

offended?...nah not really, maybe you missed the smiles in the text...i was kinda eatin a big bucket of chicken so i couldn't really be arsed to type too well...i just slapped down the first thing i came up with

philisophy?...i've read some Plato...i don't think i got the "inner" message though, maybe because of the translation problems...can't say i'm amazingly interested, its just that i think those elements are very important in the film, which was why i kept going on about it

opperdude

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2003, 07:36:24 PM »

very very long posts you make here Ev, i read them all  Cheesy (sum1 give me a cookie)

'Joost, like juice but better' ~fire

happy now?
WBHighwind

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2003, 05:32:57 AM »

well, I kinda saw it two ways. On one hand, you could watch it as a pure fight move, of which it would get really repetative and boring. On the other, you could listen to all the clues that they give you throughout the movie and try to put them together in interpret what they mean. There are many hints and stuff that I see in various parts of the movie, but I think that the only real way to know whats going on is to see the third on in november or whenever its coming out.
Drifter1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2003, 06:00:59 AM »

i agree with wbhighwind, you could look at both of the ways he said.  personally, i didn't really like the fight scenes, since their movements seemed more realistic when they're supposed to be superhuman.  even having watched the movie twice, i found that the movie is still pretty confusing and technical making you want to see the third movie to find out what happens.  and also the movie has a lot of relegious references, which i didn't really get until my friend explained it to me (i'm not that religious)  Tongue

and I've just noticed Neo is an anagram of One
also, neo means new, hence the "renewal" of the matrix

whew, that was a pretty long post for me  LOL
« Last Edit: June 05, 2003, 06:02:22 AM by kokuryu1 » Logged

What do you do when you have All Wheel Drive?

You go driftin' Tongue
[/size]

koc name: Sweeper_LaCN[/size]
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2003, 10:01:54 AM »

since their movements seemed more realistic when they're supposed to be superhuman.
Uh, they are still human, they are just able to do anything they can comprehend doing.
Neo's mind is the free-est, so he can comprehend doing the most unreal things, but even he has limits...

and also the movie has a lot of relegious references, which i didn't really get until my friend explained it to me (i'm not that religious)
Of course it flipping does! It's a move about the [potential] end of the world! :rolleyes:

also, neo means new, hence the "renewal" of the matrix
Heh, and if you take the "new" out of "renewal", you get "real". Freaky! :paranoid:

WBHighwind

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2003, 06:36:14 PM »

well, I didnt enjoy the big neo-smith fight scene because being a 3d animator, all of the characters in that fight scene looked too rubbery for me. But I guess that they did pretty good for the time they had and prolly the way they were doing it
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: