BPsite Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:39:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unofficial LAUNCHcast Desktop Application  (Read 8732 times)
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: February 20, 2004, 01:28:02 PM »

For those not knowing what this is about: I made an application which runs LAUNCHcast from the desktop, without needing to run IE. You can get it here

For reference:
I've just made an UNOFFICIAL desktop applicatoin for LAUNCHcast.
I assume it will work with LC+ as well as the free version, but can't test it.
Obviously, it is my own creation and not supported by anyone at YAHOO! or LAUNCH.
In theory it should work fine on all current versions of Windows (so long as Internet Explorer is installed)
In practise, and for legal reasons, I give no guarantee of any fitness for use of any kind, and any loss or damage to hardware, software or data caused is unintended and not my fault - anyone using the application must accept that risk.
(I very much doubt anything can be damaged by it; I'm just covering my back to be safe.)
I will repeat again that it is unofficial, so do not ask YAHOO!/LAUNCH Help about it because they probably can't help.
Do feel free to ask my on my forums (http://www.bpsite.co.uk/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=1605), but I can't guarantee I will be willing or able to help (it depends how busy I am, and other things).

Please keep this thread clear for people with genuine questions/queries about it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 01:30:00 PM by SS » Logged

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Npatrick
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 05:22:04 PM »

Peter, downloaded the Launch App, and it didn't quite work for me.

When I click on "Listen to my station", it pops up an explorer window, then tells me that the web page is trying to close the window.

Whether I respond yes or no, I get no action.

I am using LC+.

What can I do?

Thanks,

Neal
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 06:38:46 PM »

Hi Neal,

When I click on "Listen to my station",

Are you trying to start it via the website?
If so, it wont work that way; you need to run the EXE file directly from Windows.

If you are already running the executable directly, I'll probably need to know what version of Windows you're using (or other OS) and what version of Internet Explorer you have (the Version line in Help>About).

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
bab5470
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 12:10:42 AM »

I am getting something simular . When I load the application I get an error that says:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window.

Do you want to close this window?

[ YES ]     [  NO ]

If you click on yes you get another window that says:

(X)  Could not obtain OLE Control window handle

If you click on no then you just get an empty grey "unofficial launchcast player" window.

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 05:02:04 PM »

Hmmm, that's very odd.

Is this in Windows XP or something else?

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 01:16:12 AM »

This thread is now redundant, because the ULDA has been replaced by LAUNCHpad.

LAUNCHpad website
LAUNCHpad forum

The error with the trying to close window dialog seems to be because you are not logged in.
If either of you still have the problem and are definitely logged in then you can post in the LAUNCHpad forum and I'll see if I can further evaluate the cause.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: