BPsite Forums
April 20, 2024, 11:56:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Medieval: Total War  (Read 4528 times)
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« on: November 15, 2003, 03:43:48 AM »

ok, just had to point out that this game rules. I just got my hands on it recently, and its just awesome. You can have huge battles, siege castles, etc, units are controlled in battalions, you can really use strategy. One really cool thing is that it actually takes factors like weather, fatigue, morale, etc, and changes battles accordingly. Units become less effective if they get the runaround for too long, feel safer if their flanks are protected, get demoralized and eventually run when things look bad enough, etc. I'm hooked on this for the time being, its all I'm playing. It's great!  Smiley Anyone else played it? And has played Rome: Total War or Shogun: Total war (other two games in the series)? I'm curious how they compare.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2003, 03:44:38 AM by FragMaster1972 » Logged

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

Rug

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2003, 10:33:26 AM »

Rome comes out in April. Shogun is a simpler game, set in a superior period. Medieval is better than Shogun imho.

All Total War games are teh pwn, however.
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2003, 01:00:36 PM »

:miffed: april. i hatew tha5t date y cant it be sooner!?!

shogun owns infact *goes to play it*

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2003, 07:36:51 AM »

i only have the demo for shogun, and have yet to try it out. I imagine I'll be downloading that soon though, as it looks pretty good. Which has niftier gfx? The one thing that kills me about M:TW is that the units don't look that great, and it has a tendency to lag during battles, even at the minimum resolution. Even though it has a 1.7ghz cpu, 512mb ddr400, and a radeon 9800 pro to play with  :huh:  

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

Rug

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2003, 11:12:35 AM »

Medieval looks better. Its a major lag whore in big battles though.

Shogun runs nicely, but looks even worse that Medieval.

Rome looks puuuuurty.
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2003, 11:24:19 AM »

Well If itsa carrying on the trait, its going to look uber, and lag like shit...

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: